Chapter 33

"Psst", I glanced to Katie on my right "What?", I whispered back. She handed me a piece of paper.
Just got a text. Clear your schedule for friday, we're going to a frat party!!!
I grinned back at her and nodded.
Getting into a college party as a sophomore seems impossible but with a girl like Katie as your friend it's no surprise.
When the bell rang, I packed my stuff and headed for the door.
"Kenna, could I talk to you for a second?", the Teacher called and I gestured for Katie to go without me.
"Is something wrong?", I asked confused.
"Yes, Kenna", she sighed "Look, I know you are going through a hard time and I can't imagine how you must be feeling but this behavior is unacceptable. You don't do any work nor do you participate in class. Kenna, if you don't start studying you are going to have to repeat sophomore year.", she slid her glasses from her nose.
I should've expected this, she wasn't lying, I had been behind on everything.
"I know you're a smart girl, Kenna. Too smart for your own good, maybe. But smart isn't enough, you need to show us teachers that you're smart otherwise we can't pass you."
"I know.", I mumbled.
"I want you to write an essay, whatever theme you choose, it's completely up to you. You have time till next weeks lesson. If I see that you've actually worked on it I will grade it and forget about the last test. But this is my last offer, I don't give third chances."
"Yes, m'am."
"Now, go. And tell Miss Sinclaire that I don't like students lingering in front of my classrooms."
I suppressed a giggle and quickly left the classroom.
"What did she say??"
"I need to write an essay to make up for my bad grades."
"Oh well, that's easy for you."
"Why would you think so, my grades suck.", I laughed.
"Because you're a genius, duh."
"I'm not a genius", I shook my head and put the English book in my locker.
"Oh pleaaassee, I've long seen through you. Either you act stupid so no one will have high expectations or you just really don't care about school. I'm one hundred percent sure that if you tried you could be top of our class."
"You really think that?"
"Of course, so stop being an idiot and let your smartness shine!", she grinned and I closed my locker.
"I that even a word?"
"Now it is.", I shook my head and laughed.
"Soo, about that party..", I waited for her to finish the sentence.
"Right, I forgot. You know how I'm talking to this guy from UCLA? His frat is throwing a pool party on Friday, it's gonna be like CRAZY. Just imagine it! Loads of hot frat boys in swim trunks and drooling over our hottness.", she held onto my arm and acted like she was fainting. I laughed and shrugged her off.
"My brothers are never gonna let me go."
"Oh c'mon just lie and say you're going to my house. And it will only be half a lie since you will be going to my house."
"I don't know.. You know what happened last time I lied to them. Plus, Liam knows I wasn't at your house. He will automatically think that this is a lie."
"Still, you need to convince them! I don't wanna go without you, it wouldn't be the same.", she made a face.
"I'll try. Call you later?"
"Yeah, bye!", she waved and walked towards a guy leaning against a motorcycle.

"Hey, you ready?", Liam bumped my shoulder.
"Yeah, sure", I walked with him to the car "Hey, listen uhm", he raised his eyebrow "Katie asked if I could sleep over at hers because like we're always at our house, with you guys. And I know you might have some i don't know thoughts on that. So I wanted to hear them before I tell the others."
"So, sleeping at Katies is code for you're going to a party?"
"Nononono. That was a one time mistake. It's just a sleepover."
"Then why are you making a big deal out of it?"
"Because I thought you might think that and tell the others about last week."
"I should probably do that anyway. And I don't know if I can trust you. I'm not gonna lie for you again."
"Of course, I know that. You won't need to."
"I won't say anything", he answered "But If you are lying and actually going to a party, and I'm not encouraging that you do, please, if you get in trouble or need a ride home call me or Tyler or Jackson."
"I won't need to, promise.", I assured him and gave him a side hug.
"Why are you being so nice to me?", he chuckled and hugged me back.
"I'm always nice.", I joked and nudged him.
"You're never nice."
"Well, you're not nice either."
"I never said I was.", he chuckled and waved to Jackson and Tyler who were heading towards us.
"All set?", Jackson asked and unlocked the car.
"Just waitin' on you, man."
"Then let's go."

"Hey, you guys", I stood in the doorway of the living room "GUYS."
They finally turned their heads in my direction.
"I need to ask you something", I said and nodded at the TV. Tyler turned it off and Liam gestured for me to talk.
"Katie invited me over for tomorrow and I would be staying at hers till like Saturday afternoon or something. If that's okay with you guys?"
Jackson looked at the other too who both shrugged.
"I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be going.", he nodded and I grinned.
„Great, thanks.", I said, already non my way out.
I felt bad for lying to them, especially now that we were finally (kind of) getting along but what they don't know won't hurt them, right?