Chapter 16

"So what did you do, you didn't just go home did you?" Tyler asked.
"No, actually.. I went shopping," I admitted and rubbed my neck.
"You surprise me, Kenna. Didn't think you had it in ya." He highfived me and ruffled my hair before he went up to his room.
"Just because he's impressed doesn't mean it's right." Liam rolled his eyes but gave me a little smile.
They all seemed to think that skipping classes was like the best thing I ever did. And because my father had told the school that I went home sick it didn't even go into my permanent  record.

Later that day Jackson came to talk and apologize for this morning.
"I shouldn't have said those things to you. I don't think you're stupid Kenna, you're one of the most intelligent people I know. And you're my baby sister which means you must be kinda cool." He smirked.
"You're still a jerk."
"I know."
I smiled a little and hugged him. They were the only family I had left and I had promised to try and make it work. So I would forgive this incident for now.
"So you know how we talked about that Party at breakfast?" He asked.
"Yes?"
"How would you like to come with us?"
"Are you serious?" I was confused, what was happening to him?
"Well, I figured you deserve to experience the real LA lifestyle and that includes partying. I mean it's better you go with me and I can look after you than you sneak out or something."
"I didn't except anything else" I rolled my eyes "Yeah, I would really like to go."
"Great. Be downstairs in 30 minutes then."
"THIRTY MINUTES? I don't even know what to wear. Is ist casual or more fancy? Should I wear a dress?"
"Calm down, we'll find you something to wear. Didn't you go shopping this morning?"
"Right! Uh i bought a really cute dress!" I got up and searched the bags for the short sparkly black dress.
"Found it." I held it up to show Jackson.
"Perfect, problem solved. I need to get ready too, see you in thirty."

30 minutes was actually enough time to get ready. I didn't put that much makeup on and I had already showered so I was done in 20 and went downstairs. Liam and Tyler were already sitting on the couch waiting for us.
"God, can't you wear something ugly? I'll have to beat up half my friends." Tyler said.
"I'm not sure if that was a compliment but I'll take it."
Liam chuckled and I sat down with them.
I was nervous, this would be my first party here. And I'd only ever been to two other 'real' parties in Detroit.
I was always kind of an outsider so I never got invited to anything.

On the outside I tried to act cool but inside, everything was exploding from fear, anticipation and nervousness.
"Everyone ready?" Jackson asked when he finally came downstairs.
Everyone nodded.
As we walked to the car Jackson took me aside "I don't know to what kinda parties you've been to but there's going to be a lot of drinking and probably smoking and stuff, just so we're clear: You don't drink or do any kind of drugs, understand?"
"Do these rules apply to the rest of you too?" I asked.
"That's not the point. No drinking."
"Fine, I get it," I said and got into the back of the car.
"So whose party is this?" I asked.
"Her name is Georgie, she got thrown out of Phillips a few years ago. But she still invites everyone to her parties."
"Well that's pretty nice, I guess. How do you even get thrown out, it doesn't feel like they're that strict."
"Not with us, but that's just because Dad practically owns the Phillips Academy. You get thrown out for literally anything unless you have connections."
"Ou," I simply answered and bit my lip.
It still weird to have advantages because of my father and his money, I was used to having disadvantages because we had no money not the other way around.

Before I could continue that thought the car stopped and we got out.
You could already hear music coming from the mansion im front of us. People were standing around with red cups and vibing to the music in the front yard.
As we walked by they raised their cups at us or greeted one of my brothers with a
boyish hug.
The door stood wide open and I could already see that this was going to be a great night.

Vote and comment your thoughts!