Chapter 58

The new house was even bigger than the old one, if that's even possible.
Jackson hadn't overreacted when he told me it was basically a castle.
I noticed that the security had been heightened too.
I knew that meant more protection but it also made me feel like I was living in a prison.
"Welcome home, kids," Our father smiled proudly.
He had been home for two weeks now which was longer than he had ever been home
since I lived here.
I didn't need him there but I could see that Tyler did, so I didn't say anything.
We walked into a huge room with high ceilings that reached to the roof.
"This is crazy," I wandered around the room looking at everything.
Jackson and Liam walked us through all the rooms on the ground floor before we took a break in the living room.
"We're not that fragile, Jack," Tyler groaned "I can walk for more than 30 minutes."
"You're still hurt," Jackson gently pushed him down on the couch "Now stay."
I let myself fall onto the couch next to Tyler.
"God, he's annoying," Tyler groaned and got up from the couch as soon as Jackson had left the room.
"He told you to sit down," I reminded him.
"Since when do you listen to what he has to say?"
He was right, I had been obeying everything I was told, which was very unusual for me.
"Just sit down, Tyler."
He moaned but sat back down just before Jackson came back.

The house was so huge it even had an elevator. It was crazy and I thought a little ridiculous but I couldn't help myself being excited.
The backyard had a big pool, an outside lounge, a grilling and eating area and even a basketball court.
The upstairs was mostly our rooms.
In this house my room was next to Jacksons and Liams and of course everyone of us had their own bathroom.
The moment I stepped into my room, I was in love.
I had expected my old furniture but it was completely different stuff.
"Wait, where's the closet?" I asked confused.
Jackson grinned and took my hand to lead me to a white door.
"Oh. My. God."
We walked into the most beautiful closet I had ever seen. All my clothes were already neatly inside.
And there was more..
There were bags from Victoria Secret, Calvin Klein, Gucci and Louis Vuiton all over the closet.
"What the hell," I frowned.
"Dad's way of showing he cares," Jackson explained and chuckled.
"This is too much. These things probably cost thousands of dollars!"
"He's loaded, Kenzie," Liam chuckled, they all looked quite amused by my reaction "Tyler got a new car because he got shot."
"He's crazy," I scoffed "I can't keep this stuff."
"Yes, you can," Jackson ruffled my hair "And you will. He would never take it back anyway, it's either your closet or the trash."
I sighed "This is way too much."
"C'mon, let's see the rest."
They boys' rooms were no less luxurious but they were kept on a darker spectrum, while mine was open and bright and decorated in light colors theirs were darker.
The new house also had a cellar which included a Gym and storage rooms.
There were some locked doors again but I didn't bother asking what was in them.

"So, how do you like your new home?" Our father asked at Dinner.
"It's awesome, Dad. You did a great job." Tyler said and we all nodded in agreement.
"Thank you, son," He smiled "Now, how are our two patients?"
"Fine," I answered and gave him a forced smile.
"I feel good, too. I think i can start with physical therapy soon." Tyler answered.
"Ty, don't rush it," Jackson frowned.
"C'mon I can't sit still much longer.
This is torture."
"You can discuss that with the Doctor, Tyler. And you do as she says, no more and no less." My father ordered.

We finished dinner and I went to watch TV in the living room while the boys stayed at the table.
I knew they didn't want me to listen so I left the TV on and hovered at the door.
"I have doubled security around the house and there will always be at least two men in the house
now too," I heard my father say.
"They won't attack again. Not after losing
three men."
"Three?" I heard Tyler say.
"Patrick shot the one that held Kenna and the one that... That cut her. And the one that she stabbed was killed too." Jackson explained.
I swallowed.
I wasn't supposed to hear this, but I couldn't bring myself to leave.
"What about the rest?"
"Police took them in."
"Well, what's the problem then?"
"There's 40 more where they came from, Tyler. This is not over."
Suddenly there was a tap on my shoulder and I shrieked loudly.
"Excuse me, Miss Kenna. But it is not proper for a Lady to spy," Paulita one of the maids had a stern look on her face.
"I wasn't-." She raised her eyebrow "Well.. Then I guess I'm not a Lady."
"What's that commotion out here?" Jackson stuck his head out of the door.
"Paulita, what's the matter?"
She looked at me and then at him, unsure what to say. But Jackson didn't need to wait for her answer.
"Did you spy on us?" He asked, sternly.
"I- uhm."
He sighed and shook his head before opening the door and making way for me.
"In you go."

You can see the characters in the first chapter called introduction now :)