Chapter 77

Katie hooked her arm into mine as we walked up to the front door. People were milling around and getting drunk. Loud music blared from inside the mansion and colorful lights shone through the windows. It reminded me of the night I met Katie and I glanced to my side as she grinned.
I was about to tell her what I was thinking when she suddenly squealed and pulled away from my arm. My eyes followed after her as she dashed forward to greet a boy I didn't recognize.
"Kenna, meet Paul!" She pulled him towards me.
"Nice to meet you," I smiled as he
shook my hand.
"You too," He chuckled.
"So I'm guessing your the new exchange student I keep hearing about?"
"I guess so," He rubbed his neck awkwardly as his spanish accent showed "I'm from Germany."
"Oh, I heard you were from Spain," I chuckled and smirked at Katie, she wasn't the most attentive person when it came to her flings.
Katie clung to his arm and gave me a look that clearly showed she wanted to be alone with him. I smirked.
"It was really great to meet you, I gotta go find someone. But I'll see you around!" I smiled and rushed off.
I wasn't mad she wanted to be with him. She would never admit it but I knew that something went down with the last guy she was with and if a hot german guy was what she needed then she could have him.
So I ended up walking in alone and making my way to the bar.
I grabbed a drink and leaned against the wall.
My eyes travelled the room and I spotted a couple people I knew, mostly my brothers' friends which made me wonder why they weren't here. My eyes stopped at the corner of the room where Kyle Hunter was standing talking to a blonde girl. He wore his usual leather jacket and his dark hair was perfectly messy, as always. I bit my lip when he laughed and brushed his hand through his hair. That's when he spotted me and his laugh immediately vanished.
Out gazes locked for a moment, neither of us willing to break away. When he finally did, he leaned over and kissed the girl standing next to him. My heart dropped and I had to pull myself together to not just yell at him.
I drowned my cup and crumpled the plastic cup.
"Hey there."
I looked up suddenly saw Caleb
smirking at me.
I dropped the crumpled cup and quickly put a smile on my face.
"Heyy," I answered a little awkwardly.
"What're you doin' here all alone?"
"Uhm," I chuckled "Katie kinda abandoned me but it's fine. I was just gonna get another drink, you want one?"
"Sure, let's go."

"You know," He smirked as I poured vodka into his cup and then twice the amount in mine "I don't think Jackson would approve of me encouraging you drinking."
"What Jackson doesn't know doesn't hurt him," I shrugged and grabbed my drink.
"You aren't seriously gonna drink that, are you?" He frowned at me and I raised my eyebrow at him. My cup was half full with straight vodka.
"I can handle my liquor," I shrugged and downed the whole thing without cringing.
"Damn, who hurt you?" His eyes were wide as he did the same, though his face contorted at the taste "God, what are you? Satan? How do you drink that shit?"
I laughed, though it sounded bitter.
"Boy problems?" He questioned when I didn't answer "Is the honeymoon phase over already?"
"I'm not talking to you about my boy problems," I glanced at him.
"Why-ever not? I'm great at gossiping! You know I have two older sisters? I'm used to girl talk," He chuckled and bumped his shoulder into mine.
"Well, I'm not," I shrugged and poured another cup but Caleb took the bottle from me "I think you've had enough."
"I don't need a babysitter, Caleb. I don't need Jackson's minions following after me, so you can run back to him and tell him what you've found out," I snapped at him and reached for the bottle but he held it higher.
"I'm trying to be your friend, Kenna. Believe it or not I actually like you. So stop being a bitch and tell me what's going on."
I grit my teeth, he seemed so sincere I wanted to tell him everything, though that might've been the alcohol in my veins.
"Fuck off," I barked instead and rushed out of the kitchen without looking.
I crashed into someone, knocking myself down.
"Watch where you're going," I snapped, even though it was my fault.
I got up from the ground and looked up to see the girl Kyle had been making out with earlier. Behind her Kyle came into the kitchen and laid an arm around her.
He didn't even look at me before pushing past me to get to the drinks.
I scoffed and grit my teeth and pushed my way through the crowd.

The next thing I remembered was dancing intimately with a complete stranger when I heard excited squeals and shrieks.
And suddenly there were two hands on my shoulders and I was pulled aside.
I stumbled as the person guided me away from the dance floor.
Finally, we came to a halt and I was gently pushed down on a soft mattress.
I groaned as I stared up at the person that had brought me wherever I was.
"Whatreyoudoinere?" My words slurred together.
"You called me, idiot," His hand reached up to brush my cheek and I leaned into his touch.
"Idonrememerdat,"
Nate handed me an opened bottle.
"Drink, you'll need to sober up a little before I take you home."
I took a sip of the water and held it in my mouth.
"Do you know how drinking works? You actually have to swallow it."
He crouched down in front of me and laid his hands on my knees.
I smirked and spit the water in his face.
"God, drunk you is a bitch," He rolled his eyes but chuckled and wiped his face.
"Drink," He demanded again "I'm not taking you home until you do."
"Takeme to yourplace sen."
A smirk crossed his lips and he let out a soft chuckle before bending down again to lift the water bottle to my mouth.
"Maybe when you're not drunk anymore."
He spoke so quietly he probably didn't realize that I even heard them but I did.