Chapter 81

"You're late."
I froze and slowly turned to look at my brothers who had emerged from the living room.
"I was here on time, Nate and I were just talking a little," I half lied "Sorry."
Jackson sighed and rolled his eyes "Fine. Did you have fun?"
I grinned "Yeah."
"Good," He smiled.

After fixing myself a quick dinner I called Katie to tell her about everything that had happened. We had been on the phone for hours and it was almost 3 a.m. when we hung up because she was tired.
I was about to go to sleep myself when I heard a noise in the hallway.
Probably just one of the boys, I told myself.
But then there were voices, three to he exact. They were getting quieter as the steps came closer. Which meant they were all up, sneaking around the house. I was about to get up when my door handle slowly turned.
I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be sleeping.
The door opened and there were two sets of feet walking around the room.
The window was quietly closed by someone as the other kissed my forehead.
"Let's go, we don't have all night," Jackson whispered next to me and they both left the room.
I waited for a while after the door closed before I climbed out of bed and tiptoed into the hallway.
They were being suspicious, I couldn't put my finger on it but there was something going on.

I snuck up to the banister just as the garage door closed.
I shook my head and frowned,
this wasn't the first time they were sneaking out but that didn't make it any less suspicious.

Saturday afternoon I once again opened the door to a bunch of guys, most of which I disliked.
"How's my favorite she-Blake?" Caleb ruffled my hair as he passed by me.
"Hey can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked him.
"Sure," He shrugged and I pulled him to the kitchen.
"I just wanted to say sorry, I was a real bitch to you at that party. You were trying to help and I treated you like crap."
"Yeah, you did," He nodded "It's fine, I get it. We all got our shitty days. Don't
worry 'bout it," He smiled.
I nodded and he pulled me into a rough side hug.
"So we're good?" I asked.
"We're good."

The next week passed by way too fast and we were getting ready for Thanksgiving.
We had decided not to go to Boston and instead celebrated at home. Even our father decided to show his face for the special occasion, much to my dismay.
Like every time he "visited" I spent most of my time hiding in my room, spending as little time with my father as possible.

Nate made a big secret out of our date but he made me reserve a whole Saturday for it.
I barely saw him because he was scared he would give it away if he saw me.

The only instructions I was given were on what to wear and what to bring.
Casual clothing and swimwear.
And so I stood, my bag under my arm in front of our gate as I watched Nate pull up in his favorite grey jeep.
"Your ride is here, m'lady!" He yelled and grinned.
"I noticed," I rolled my eyes and laughed.
"So are you going to tell me what we're doing now?" I stored my bag in the back of the jeep.
"Well, there's different stages. You haven't had breakfast yet, have you?"
"Nope."
"Good. Then that's the first stop!"
He turned up the music and I gave him a side eye.
"That's my favorite song?" I smirked.
He grinned proudly and turned the radio up.
"Katie sent me your playlist."
"Ahh so you have an accomplice?"
"Maybe," He chuckled "She helped with a few details."
"Aha," I grinned and turned the radio up
louder.

"Voilá," Nate stopped the car and rushed to open the door for me.
"What a gentleman!" I clicked my tongue and laughed as he closer the car door.
"David's?" I read the big sign that was placed over the yellow painted wooden door.
"It's my favorite café. I befriended the owner a couple years ago, when I first came to L.A. he's from New Jersey too," He opened the door for me again and I nodded him a polite 'thank you'.
We were greeted by the smell of fresh coffee and warm toast.
I breathed in the comfortable smell and followed Nate to a table by the window.
"I've never even been to this part of town," I chuckled and looked around the cozy little café.
"You never leave your house," He teased and handed me a menu.
"That's not- Yeah okay, well," I laughed softly.
"The pancakes are great," He leaned over and pointed at a picture of a stack of pancakes in the menu.
"What will you take?"
"I think I'll go with an omelette, how 'bout you?"
Before I could answer a short blonde man approached the table with a big smile on his face.
"Davis! Didn't know you planned on coming today, dude," He clapped a hand on Nate's back "And who's the beautiful lady here?"
"Kenna," I answered and shook his hand.
"Ahhh. I've heard a lot about you," He grinned.
I smirked at Nate, who was already
blushing "Is that so?"
"Only good things, of course!" The man assured me "I'm Collins, by the way. Completely forgot to introduce myself."
"Don't you have some work to
do, Cols?" Nate gave him a side eye.
"No actually I- OUTCH. What was that for??"
"Collins."
"Davis."
"I'm on a date."
"OHHHH. Sorry. Yes, of course. I'll leave you two lovebirds alone," He winked at me and then disappeared into the kitchen.

I'm so lazy atm that's why I post so rarely. Sorry, loves :)