Chapter 57

Everything was black.
Was this death?
Was I dead?
I could hear my own breathing.
My blood pumping through my veins.
No, I wasn't dead.
My eyes shot open.
People were running around me, yelling.
I was looking up at the ceiling.
„You're gonna be okay, sweetie." A women in blue clothes told me.
I didn't answer.
I had been here before.
„Where's my mom?" I whispered weakly.
„You're gonna be fine. Don't worry, we'll take care of you."
The white hospital walls were fading into black again as my eyes closed.

„Kenna."
„She's waking up."
I slowly opened my eyes.
„Where am I?" I asked weakly.
„You're in the hospital. Everything's
gonna be fine."
I looked up to see Jackson leaning over me.
He was smiling. A funny sorta smile though.
„What happened?"
„You were hurt. But it's gonna be fine. We're all gonna be fine."
The memories were coming back.
„Oh my god," I whispered, tears filling up my eyes.
„Shhh, it's okay." Jackson squeezed onto the bed next to me and gently pulled me into his arms.
„You're safe," He rested his chin on my head
„I won't let anything happen to you."
I cried into his chest.
Now that the adrenalin was gone, I was overruled with fear as the realization of what had happened hit me.
„Is Tyler okay?" I whispered.
„He's gonna be fine. You saved him." He kissed my forehead and held me close.

It took over two hours for Jackson to calm me down and he held me in his arms even longer, not willing to let me go.
I didn't want him to let me go either.
His arms were the safest place on earth for me.
At some point I drifted off and fell asleep.
When I woke up, he was gone.
Liam was sitting in his place, holding my hand.
„Hey there," He spoke softly.
„Hey."
„How're you doing?"
„I'm fine. How's Tyler?" I asked as he helped me sit up slowly.
„He's asleep, Jackson's with him. We changed places while you two where sleeping."
„His arm?"
„Clean shot. The doc said he could be out of the hospital in a week."
„That's good," I mumbled looking down at my bandaged stomach.
Liam followed my eyes and squeezed my hand.
„You were really brave last night. Without you, Tyler could've died."
„Why did they do this?" I asked suddenly, turning my head to look at my brother.
„I don't know," He said and stroked my cheek.
I nodded slowly and turned back to looking at my bandages.
„Are they gonna leave a scar?" I asked him.
„I don't know, we can ask the doctor."
He pressed the red button on my bed.
„It's stupid," I said „I know it's just a scar."
„What do you mean?"
„I shouldn't complain about a scar.. It's just that.." I led my fingers glide over the scars on my arm „I have so many scars already. They're just reminders of.. of.." A tear rolled down my cheek.
"Heyy.. Hey, it's okay. I understand. And it's not stupid," He laid his arm around me „You've been through so much, Kenzie. I'm sorry we didn't protect you from this one." He stroked my hair as I rested my head on his chest.
„Excuse me?" A women in white made us both look up „You called?"

„Are you sure you're not in any pain?" Dr. Walten asked me for the third time.
„I'm fine! I told you." I smiled.
„I'm gonna run one more checkup and then we'll see, alright?" She said and smiled.
„Oh c'mon, I should've been released a
week ago!" I protested.
„You weren't ready," Jackson said, who had just walked into the room pushing Tylers wheelchair.
„You know I can walk, right?" Tyler said.
„Make one step and I'll strap you to your bed, I dare you," Jackson said and helped our brother into the bed next to mine.
„Okay, mom." Tyler mumbled.
„How's she doing, doc?" Jackson asked.
„I'm fine!"
„Pssht. Not talking to you," Jackson said and ruffled my hair which earned him a slap on the arm.
„I'll run another checkup and then we'll see tomorrow."
„I'm fine! I told you, please. I don't wanna share a room with Tyler anymore." I begged which made Jackson chuckle.
„You're both getting out tomorrow," Dr. Walten said and smiled „Your father told me about the new house, congratulations!"
Yes, a new house.
Our father had not only decided to actually show up for once, he had also decided that we needed to move. I didn't mind the idea, a new home wasn't the worst thing right now.
I wasn't sure how living in the old house would affect me after what had happened.
The others had left me pretty much in the dark about what was happening but I knew that my father had hired a lot of people to get the house ready to move in to fast.
Tyler and I had been in the hospital for two weeks now. I was supposed to be released a week earlier but due to a slight panic attack, my wounds had opened and i had to stay for another week.
But tomorrow we would finally move into our new home.

!!!!Important!!!
Would you like me to add pictures of what the house looks like?
Please comment!