Chapter 56

THIS CHAPTER INCLUDES VIOLENCE IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT PLEASE SKIP IT.

Suddenly, I heard a loud noise.
It took me a second to recognize it.
I hadn't heard that noise in a while.
A gunshot.
Followed by a scream.
Tyler.
I jumped up from the stairs and ran back into my room.
My heart was beating so fast I thought it was gonna jump out of my chest.
I had to get out there.
I had to help him.
I slid the knife up my sleeve and slowly opened the door.
Not even 5 feet away from me, my brother lay on the floor clutching his bleeding arm.
I sprinted over to him and cupped his face with my hands.
„You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be fine. Just don't fall asleep okay?" I whispered and went to inspect his arm.
He grabbed me with his healthy arm.
„You need to get out. Hide... Please." He whispered.
„I'm not leaving you," I grit my teeth and went back to inspect the wound.
„It shot right through," I told him.
I ripped of a piece of my shirt and tied it around the wound tightly.
„We need to get you out of here," I whispered.
Before I could set that plan in action somebody grabbed my hair and pulled me up from the ground. I gasped in pain and hit the arms of my attacker.
„And what do we have here?" The man growled and grabbed me by the chin to look at me.
„Let me go," I hissed and struggled out of his grasp.
He was wearing a black skiing mask and gloves.
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him so that my back was against his chest.
I struggled against his grip but he had his arm around me like a chain making me unable to move.
„Let her go," Tyler growled trying to sit up.
"Move and I shoot her right now."
Warm metal was pressing against my temple.
„What do you want?" I asked trying not to sound scared.
"Oh, a brave one, aren't ya?" He brushed a strand of hair behind me ear and whispered "I want to kill your entire family."
A shudder went down my back.
"Move," He barked and pushed me to the staircase.
"PUT DOWN ALL YOUR WEAPONS OR SHE DIES." He yelled as he guided me down the staircase.
"No," I heard Jackson gasp "LET HER GO."
"YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS BEFORE I BLAST HER PRETTY HEAD OFF."
We were now on the opposite side of the room as Liam and Jackson.
"Kenna," Liam whispered.
"I'm fine," I looked at them and tried to stay calm.
Jackson and Liam slowly put down the guns in their hands and raised their arms over their heads.
"Let her go," Jackson demanded.
"See, I've thought about that," the man said "But then I thought, why don't I kill the three of you, and take her with me!" He patted my hair and sent more shivers down my back.
Jackson took a step forward, I could see he was gonna try to save me.
"Jackson," I yelled, leaving the whole room silent "Don't move."
There were five other men in masks surrounding us, he would have been dead in a second.
"What do you want?" I asked the man holding me.
"I've already told you that, honey," He said and und let his fingers slide over my face.
I shuddered at his touch and grit my teeth.
"Please," I whispered "I'll do what you want."
He laughed.
"Oh, how sweet she is," He looked at his chuckling men "The thing is, sweetie. I will take what I want anyway."
His hand slid over my body sending cold shivers down my neck.
He was done paying attention to me and went back to tormenting my brothers.
„Tell me, Blake," He was talking to Jackson "Should I kill her first, or you?"
Suddenly he screamed and dropped his gun to the ground.
I pulled my knife out of his stomach and turned around to face him.
Faster than anyone could react I had rammed the knife through his hand and reached for the gun.
But before I could grab it another man had grabbed me and held it to my head.
"Anyone moves and she's dead." He announced.
He nodded at another man who then walked to the man I had just stabbed and pulled the knife out of his hand.
„See, I was gonna tell him to kill you fast," The man explained to me „But now..."
The man who was now holding my knife ripped my shirt open to reveal my stomach.
„DON'T TOUCH HER." I heard Jackson shout.
I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and screamed.
„NOO." Liam yelled.
„How does it feel, sweetheart?" The man behind me whispered in my ear.
„Go to hell," I hissed through grit teeth as the knife was slowly dragged over my stomach.
I leaned over in pain, trying not to cry.
I didn't want to give them the satisfaction.
Then there was a shot.
And a second shot.
I fell to the ground.