one ; the intro

"i swear calum, i'm going to combust here in my seat if i have to watch one more match," i shout over the loud cheers of everyone around me. i would kill to be anywhere but in this very arena at the moment considering i had a long list of things i had to do when i get home, like clean, maybe start on the homework that i had to do over the break and watch the evening news. i tried to keep up with what happens globally, but that often doesn't end up happening since tyler, my brother, doesn't let me stay at our apartment on my own. 

we had been watching consecutive boxing matches for two hours now, even though calum and tyler promised we would only be here for an hour. there was a championship going on and tyler was determined to stay for it all, especially since his best friend was the main contender. 

usually, tyler and calum would drop dead before allowing me out into the boxing arena, but tonight was a little different. today, my best friend, michael, was out of town with his mom to spend some quality time with her, so tyler dragged me to the boxing match. he clearly stated that i was to be within the eyesight of calum or himself at all times and that i could not wander around. though it seemed like tyler's number one role in life was to make sure i didn't die prematurely or get kidnapped, tyler was also the most stubborn person i knew, asides from myself. so, since tyler nor calum have no missed one championship match in australia of their close friend, luke, i was to be dragged here like a rag doll. 

who luke was, or what luke looked like, that i didn't know. the only friends that tyler had that i have met and still see on a daily basis is calum— who was currently in charge of not letting me out of his sight since tyler went to go get popcorn. 

though calum was like a part-time brother to me, i was not going to tolerate another boxing match where men— and some boys— got beat up. i could handle a lot of things in life, but blood and broken noses are not one of them. 

"luke's supposed to fight soon. he's usually the last one to box because he won last year. as soon as he wins and we congratulate him, we can leave." calum finally says, responding to my complaints. his eyes were trained on the third round of the fourth match of the night. 

"fine." i huff. i didn't even try to dismiss his utmost confidence that luke would win tonight, but something tells me i shouldn't push it. 

"and up next is last year's champion- luke hemmings!!" the announcer cheers into the mic as does the crowd. out-cheering all of them seemed to be calum though. i glance over to him and his eyes were lit up with joy. 

i stand up from my previous slouching position and decide to watch the final match. what's the point in complaining when calum and tyler are having the time of their lives. 

i notice a figure walking towards us to my right and look over. speaking of the devil. 

"what took you so long?" calum and i say at the same time to the now-returning tyler. 

calum glances at me and puts his fist out for me to touch with my fist— a routine we had for whenever we said something at the same time. it happened more frequently that one can imagine. 

"the line for popcorn was insane. i swear there are more people here than at drake's last concert." tyler says, sitting down. 

i reach over and grab a handful of popcorn, tossing a few in the air, one at a time, and catching them in my mouth. 

"you got her to stand up?" tyler whispers to calum. 

"i heard that!" i interject, "and i did it on my own free will for your information." 

"whatever you say bella." 

i roll my eyes and focus on the ring. the lights were dimming around us and the stage was the center of attention. even everyone's chatter seemed to die down.

since i wasn't paying much attention to the last match, i didn't know exactly who luke was up against, but due to calum's determination that he was going to win, i believed him. as the announcer gave a small introduction to each fighter, i glance at who walked out. on the right side of the arena, opposite of where we were standing, luke's opponent strides in. the announcer shouts out his name- grey- and his weight and height. if i had to guess, three of me would total the weight of one of him. 

there was no way calum and tyler knew someone with more muscle than him. taller- maybe. grey was 5'9 but had enough body weight to crush me by placing his foot on me. 

my eyes divert to where the man of the night was supposed to walk out. the announcer starts giving the details on luke's weight and height but i don't really pay attention. the suspense of matching a name to a face was killing me on the inside. 

everyone starts cheering before i can see him. i see blonde hair before anything else. 

i was not expecting for luke to look as he did. he had blonde hair, an average build, but i could tell from where i was that he was distinctively taller than his opponent. to top it all off, even from where i was standing, i found myself looking at the bluest eyes i had ever seen. 

-

a/n

i really shouldn't be writing a new story but i love this plotline and since it's summer i can do it ! also, i've been binging on bad luke stories so here's the outcome... 

hope whoever reads this enjoys!! 

beginning ib: maz