twenty six ; the truth

"you're funny if you think i'm answering that." i huff in my seat and turn away from luke.

luke and i started playing twenty questions about thirty minutes ago after we brushed our teeth and freshened up. while i was asking luke about his favorite movies and artists, luke made it his goal to make me as uncomfortable as possible. when i would give up on answering the question he originally asked me, he would ask me a question i could actually answer.

"fine, can you speak any other languages?" luke had his hand in a fist resting against his face as he looked at me.

"i'm taking my fourth year of spanish this year." one of the only reasons i was excited for my senior year to start was due to the fact that i had my ap spanish four class. spanish was one of the few classes where i could easily maintain a high grade in. the other classes took hours of studying and preparation.

"say something in spanish."

i think in my head for something witty to say but when i can't think of anything, i say the first thing that comes to mind.

"te ves caliente sin una camiseta." i lightly blush at the words that come out of my mouth but calm down once i realize that he has no idea what i said.

"what did you say?" luke asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

"oh just that ice cream is very good." i nod my head and luke thinks nothing of it.

luke was about to say something else but as soon as his mouth opens, he gets cut off by my phone ringing. i instinctively get up to retrieve it but luke motions for me to sit back down and jogs over to my phone instead.

"cal es mal?" he asks, chuckling at my name for calum in my phone and handing it over to me. i don't say anything back but, instead, pick up the phone. cal rarely calls me. he's more of a texting kind of guy. if he's calling me then something must be wrong.

"hey, what's up?" i ask calum.

"hey bella, it's calum."

"i know who you are calum, i have your number saved." i roll my eyes and look at luke who was staring at me. i furrow my eyebrows in a questioning manner but he just shakes his head.

"okay well i'm at tyler's and tyler didn't want to ask you himself because he's too pissed and he's petty but he wanted to ask why you told him you were at michael's even though when he called michael this morning to ask to go to breakfast, he said that you weren't there."

i widen my eyes in realization and mentally facepalm myself.

i never told michael that i was supposedly sleeping over at his and knowing him, he probably didn't catch on that i didn't tell tyler until after he said i wasn't with him.

luke had mouthed something to me but i disregarded it, trying to come up with a good excuse.

"i'll explain when i'm home, just tell tyler to not be mad." i squeeze my shut in hopes that calum would say that tyler's not that mad.

"okay bella. tyler's not in the room right now but i just wanted to say i'm worried about you. sneaking out and then lying? you've never done this before. are you sure you're hanging out around the right people?"

i sigh in frustration. technically, i wasn't doing anything wrong. it would make tyler livid to know i was hanging out with luke considering the fact that he has tried so hard to keep me away from him and any other guy beside calum and michael.

"i'll promise i'll explain later ok? i love you cal."

"love you too bella. i'll be here when you get back." i smile at calum's soft tone. even though he didn't show it that often, calum truly did have one of the biggest hearts in the entire world.

i hang up the call and look at luke.

"we have a bit of a problem."

"what?" he asks, confused.

"well we never told michael that i was quote-unquote sleeping over at his house so when tyler called this morning, michael must not have realized that i said i was with him."

luke slowly nods his head, processing the information.

"what are you going to tell tyler?"

i sigh in annoyance.

"the truth i guess."