twenty three ; boxers from the boxer

"stay the night," luke randomly says. we had been eating and i choke on my ramen as he says his words.

"what?" i ask, my mouth dangling strands of the pasta.

"you heard me," he says gruffly, going back to eating.

"why?"

"you ask a lot of- sorry." luke mumbles, realizing where he was going with his statement.

i giggle at his apology and take out my phone, about to ask tyler if i could stay the night at "michael's".

bella: can i sleepover at michaels?

i'm about to hit send when luke grabs my phone from me.

"hey!" i shout. "i would get up but that's too much work."

i huff in my seat and cross my arms.

"this is how you do it." luke had a wide smile on his face and a look of accomplishment after typing something away at my phone.

i look at my phone and see the newly edited and sent message on it.

bella: sleeping over at michaels. he'll drop me tomorrow morning.

"assertive." luke smugly says.

"emphasis on the ass in assertive," i reply, smirking as i finished my food.

"i think i like you better when you were nicer." luke heaves, slightly pushing me.

"so is there any particular reason i'm spending almost 24 hours with you?" i ask, regretting asking another question. he must think i'm so annoying.

"the least i could do is provide you a comfortable sleeping space and a nice dinner and breakfast after basically slicing your leg off."

luke had officially gotten over the fact that i had cut my leg like i had- hours ago. i knew he still thought it was his fault but i had forgiven him and that's all that really mattered. at least to me. we had cracked quite a few jokes about the incident at this point as well.

"you know, as much as i appreciate it, i could have done this myself," i say, trying to comfort luke.

"i know but i wanted to." he replies, ending the conversation abruptly. we both had finished our food and i got up, getting ready to dispose of it. i try to show off and actually walk but my dreams get cut off shortly when i can only drag my leg to the sink.

"what are you doing?" luke asks, rushing to my side. he takes the bowl from my hand and, once again, wraps my arm around his shoulder.

"i hate being a cripple." i groan, tilting my head back in distaste.

luke smiles at me quickly before helping me into his room. when i make it in, i sit down on his bed.

"i want to take a shower." i declare.

"you can't right now. maybe in the morning but the wound is fresh and just wrapped so you don't want to mess with it." luke says, fumbling through his drawers.

"i'm going to rot," i mutter. we had swum in the water hours ago and the feeling was still sticking to me.

"stop over exaggerating. here- wear this. if you want, i have some stuff in the bathroom. extra toothbrushes and stuff. tell me when you want to go and i'll help you over." luke tosses me a pair of boxers and one of his shirts.

"i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless these boxers are new i-"

"oh trust me, they're new. i haven't worn them yet."

i ignore his comment and gasp at a realization. i hold his boxers up into the air.

"boxers from the boxer!" i exclaim.

a/n
idk how to dedicate shit cause i'm a dumbass but please read duIcedeIeche 's stories!!! she's so talented and i love that bitch with my whole heart