thirteen ; puta

"you did what? with who? and you're going where tonight? with who?" were the exact words that flew out of michael's mouth the next morning when i told him about what happened last night with luke.

"we've been over this mikey. i was with luke last night, talking, and tonight i'm going to learn to swim with him." i roll my eyes at his behavior.

"you know, if you keep rolling your eyes out, they're going to fall out puta." tyler says, walking in.

"more importantly, what about ashton?" michael asks, ignoring tyler.

"who?" i ask in a daze. i widen my eyes at what michael said and immediately change my answer. "i mean- yes ashton. we don't like him anymore."

"why don't we like him anymore?" tyler asks, confused.

"stop trying to fit your big head into this conversation ty." michael says, for the first time addressing the boy since he's walked into the room.

"fuck off, puta. the last i could get is an explanation after being left stranded at ashton's this morning with calum and having him take us home." tyler glares in michael's direction but continues to walk out the door, listening to his complaint. "i didn't want to be in this conversation anyway. tell me if she says anything i wouldn't like."

"what's up with him calling everyone puta?" michael says, diverting from our previous conversation.

"he spent too much time with this girl last night. when i asked him about her this morning, he said 'none of your business puta' and then proceeded to say 'i learned that from her, isn't it catchy?'" i explain, recalling my conversation with tyler this morning. it was also the conversation where he interrogated me about last night. i know i should've told him i was with luke, but the rebellious streak in me kept running as i told him i went out with one of michael's friend who happened to be at the party... and that we ate ice cream. i obviously was not a good liar when it came to being put on the spot, but tyler fell for it anyway. seems like tyler always falls for what i tell him.

"speaking of spending too much time with someone, why are you getting swimming lessons from luke of all people? especially during winter." michael asks.

"because.." i trail off. "tyler told me he didn't want me to be around him, so that's exactly what i'm going to do."

"okay jenny humphrey." michael mutters under his breath. i let out a slight giggle at the gossip girl reference and get up off the floor. michael and i had been in this position for about an hour now and to be completely honest- my feet were falling asleep.

"enough about me, tell me about the girl you were with last night. that one looked nothing like the one you were fawning over a few weeks ago."

michael sits up from his previous position as i aimlessly go through my swimsuit drawer. i needed to pick out a swimsuit for tonight anyway.

"oh, let me tell you all about that- excuse my language- puta! oh wow, it is catchy. anyways, remember when we hung out with claire?"

claire was the girl michael was hung up on and it seemed like he still was. i nod my head at his question and wait for him to proceed, holding up a pink and a yellow swimsuit.

i debate in my head. the pink was cuter, but the yellow would look better on me.

"yellow. anyways, turns out, she was leading me on and using me! she has a silent and undying love for- guess."

michael stops mid-sentence and at this point, my attention was all on him.

"please don't say it was-" i start.

"tyler!" he shouts, throwing my blanket over his entire body.

i cringe at the name that comes out of his mouth. this had happened to michael twice now and it made me angrier each time it happened.

tyler, as much as i love him, has a problem with sticking to one girl. michael, on the other hand, was sweet and actually cared for the people he liked.

"i'm sorry mikey." i say, frowning. i walk over to him and press a hand against him.

"it's not your fault bella bear." he says, sighing.

"how about we go get some ice cream from the freezer- yes, we have vanilla because it's your favorite- and go watch the office while getting over our putas? i know you love ice cream the most when it's cold out." i suggest.

i wait for michael's response as he was still underneath the blanket.

slowly, michael uncovers himself and he jumps out of the bed.

"to putas!" he shouts.

"to putas." i chuckle.