twenty four ; i washed my hair in the bathroom sink

luke scolded me for it, but i washed my hair in his bathroom sink. there was no way i was going to bed feeling completely disgusting- partially is okay.

"now you're going to get a cold or some shit because you're sleeping with wet hair and my mom always says-"

"luke, i'm fine." i yawn, sitting on his bed. i felt better now that i had brushed my teeth and cleaned myself up a bit. luke swore on his life that i was going to feel like shit tomorrow because i was truly going to feel the pain tomorrow morning but i disregarded it.

"ok- but don't come to me when you're sick and sneezing and coughing." he retorts, getting into his bed with me.

luke and i were both exhausted at this point. it was almost one in the morning and we were both more than ready to go to sleep. it had definitely been a long day. after a few moments of silence of us just laying there, luke speaks up.

"hey, i just wanted to apologize again for today. i didn't expect anything like that to happen. i've swum in that water for years now and it's super safe. or at least it used to be."

"it doesn't matter anyway. i know how to swim now- or at least i know the basics so i should be good. thank you for helping me rebel against my brother." i lightly laugh and luke does too.

"so bells," luke says, turning to me. "when will i be seeing you again?"

typically i hated when people called me bells but from luke it was acceptable.

"i don't really know lucas." i turn also to face him.

"well, i very much enjoy spending time with you, so i hope it'll be soon. possibly the fight i have tomorrow?" he asks.

i pause for a second, thinking. as much as i did like spending time with luke also, i did not enjoy him getting punched in the face repeatedly. though i knew he was going to win, i felt queasy at the thought of going. before i can say anything though, luke begins talking again.

"or you know, since your thigh is gonna hurt and stuff, you don't have to come. it was stupid for me to ask even." luke turns himself away from me and instead turns to the ceiling. using the moon as my only light, i vaguely trace out luke's face and realize that his eyes were squeezed shut.

"hey no, i would love to go. i was just thinking." the words were coming out of my mouth before i could even process it and suddenly, i was tagging along with calum and tyler for luke's boxing match tomorrow.

when we work out all the details, i was officially over talking. all i wanted to do was sleep and hopefully, get over the fact that i had to go watch luke box tomorrow.

"goodnight bells." i hear luke faintly whisper. though i wanted to reply, i was utterly too tired to. my eyes shut within seconds of their close.

-

i wake with a jolt, a sharp pain in my thigh was the reason for it. i look around and notice it was still dark out. i turn my head to where luke keeps his alarm clock. currently, it read 3:45 am.

great. there was no way i was going to fall back asleep now. i was sweating profusely and my heart was beating to what felt like a million miles an hour.

luke was still sleeping next to me. there were light snores coming from him, proving he was still asleep. good, the last thing i wanted was for luke to wake up because of me. from the clench of my throat, i could tell that i was in desperate need of water.

how i was going to do that without waking luke up and with a throbbing pain in my leg, i had no idea.

i put my right foot on the carpeted ground first. i lightly pick up my left leg and set it next to my right. now, i was sitting straight up on luke's bed with my feet dangling off.

when i try to get up, a soft hiss comes out of my mouth as pain travels up my leg.

"fuck you luke for being right about it hurting," i whisper. i hear luke roll around from behind and i quickly turn my head in fear that i had woke him up.

thankfully, he was just stirring in his sleep. turning back around, i make it my mission to get the water and not wake luke up. ignoring the pain in my leg, i gently make my way to the door. he had closed it shut and it really seemed like nothing was going well for me.

i place my hand on the doorknob, turning it and quickly swinging the door open. it lightly creaked but luke didn't even flinch. i look up at the sky, thanking god and try to make my way out of his room as quickly as i can.

when the door was shut again, i pump my fists in the air.

goodness bella, you should be a part of the fbi.

i tiptoe to the kitchen, looking for a cup for water. the pain in my thigh was still there but the adrenaline in my veins toned it down a little.

"success!" i whisper when i find a purple cup. i pour some water from a pitcher luke had laid out earlier and chugged the water. i fill it up again and sigh when i'm done, a smile on my face.

there was no way i was going back to sleep now and i really didn't want to bother luke. just because i had made it out safely didn't mean i wouldn't wake him up when i went back. i remember that there was a large sofa in luke's living room and i decide that i was going to spend the rest of my night there.

i lay against the blue sofa and let out a breath of relief as there was no pressure on my leg anymore.

since i just couldn't fall asleep, the rest of my night was spent thinking. i thought about anything and everything. i imagined scenarios in my head of me meeting harry styles and tom holland and i even thought of the boy that was in the room just a few feet away.

but most importantly- i thought about what i was going to tell tyler the next morning.

a/n

once again, i have an editing account on instagram for 1d/5sos it's @ suckerforzarry so go check it out if you're into that stuff :))