fifty one; story-changing

"where did you go last night?"

it seemed like whenever michael and i talked, i was always lying in bed with a very close slim to none ounce of happiness in me.

"calum dropped me off," i mumble into my pillow. since last night, all i've done is my brush my teeth. i brushed them once last night and once this morning, but other than that, i've been lifelessly laying on my bed. i don't know whether or not anyone has called or texted me considering i haven't even touched my phone since i kissed calum last night, but at this point, i had given up on luke contacting me.

not only did i feel dirty for kissing calum while i obviously had feelings for luke, but luke still hadn't apologized for last night.

"you seem different," michael mumbles into my ear. he was about to fall asleep, which i could tell from his sleepy voice.

i stay silent for some time, thinking about absolutely nothing before blurting out what had been bothering me about luke.

"i saw luke last night. it was like he had something against me, but i had no idea what he was talking about. he called me annoying, said i was messing with him."

"he what?" michael lets go of the hand that was around my waist and i frown at him letting go.

i know michael wasn't actually asking for me to repeat myself, so i just continue to lay while michael seemed like he was beginning to stand up.

"what are you-" i begin to ask before being cut off by michael. he was putting his shoes on and his face screamed that he was angry. if michael had reacted any other way, i would have told him about what i did after and how i kissed calum but michael was out the door before i could even talk about where i went wrong.

"i'll be back," he mutters, exiting my room and later hearing the door to the apartment slam as well.

"great," i sigh. i had no idea where he was going but it was safe to assume that he was on his way to a place that he definitely wasn't supposed to be at.

distracting me from michael leaving, i look down at my phone due to a notification popping up on it.

luke: i miss youuuuuuuu

luke: are you mad at me? i didnt mean it :-(

luke: i have a question

luke: if nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing

luke: get it, cause you'll last forever

luke: wait, is it murder if you kill trees since they're living?

i can't help but laugh at the dumb series of texts i had just received but also remember that he was most likely drunk out of his mind right now. i lightly frown as i type my question, asking if he's drunk since i knew that he was not supposed to drink due to his strict boxing diet.

once i'm sure i have a minute to breathe to myself after responding to luke, i sigh because not even minutes later i hear a knock at my door. i mindlessly tell whoever it is to come in, not caring at this point.

"hey love, how are you?" i hear calum's voice behind me and i turn to look at him. he looked a little disheveled which made sense considering it was still morning time and any other normal person wouldn't have just brushed their teeth and gotten back into the bed minutes later.

"holding up, you?" to be completely honest, i wasn't holding up but calum didn't need to know that. he could probably figure it out himself considering he knew me better than most people, almost as well as michael.