forty one ; upper-being

if life was arranging itself for this very moment, life had a lot of explaining to do.

right when luke leaves the room, i open the closet door and get ready to squeal in excitement- as one does when you find out that your crush is going to be taking you out on a date later that day- but as soon as i exit, i get pushed back in.

"oh you have got to be kidding me," i mutter under my breath, hearing michael's door to his room open again.

"hey michael, whose shoes are at your door?" i hear luke ask.

how did he even catch onto that? my shoes weren't the most noticeable but if he had seen them before, he for sure would know that they would be mine.

they were normal, lace-up, checkered vans, but when you look at them, you notice that there are some interesting things drawn and written on them. when michael and i got bored in physics, he would start writing things on them. some of the things on there were very questionable, meaning they were not shoes that everyone owned.

and to my knowledge, luke has seen them. i wore them the night of ashton's party and the night when luke first showed me the hole.

i vividly remember luke questioning me taking my shoes off, so he must have seen them. so in other words, my cover was blown.

"oh, those? those are mine?" michael says in a questioning way.

"really? they look an awful lot like bella's shoes." at this point, i knew luke knew i was here. there a smug tone in his voice and i could recognize that tone anywhere.

"nope, mine." michael was trying his best, as he always does when he's thrown into situations he doesn't want to be in.

"wow, you guys have very similar shoes. yours even say bella sucks on them too. that's weird."

my eyes were closed as i heard the disaster outside the closet door unravel. all i can pray for is that he doesn't ask for me to come out. even though he knew i was here, maybe he'll realize that i'm hiding for a reason.

- that i looked like absolute trash and if he saw me, he would definitely not want to go on that date tonight.

what are you thinking bella, at least try to fix your hair? odds are, you'll have to face luke, and not even trying to fix your appearance is loser-talk.

brushing my hair out with my hands and wiping at my eyes to make sure there were on crusty pieces that would scare luke away, i grow some balls and open the closet door.

"don't mind me, i'll be in the bathroom," i say to both of the boys standing in front of me. i rush out of mikey's room and go into the bathroom and lock the door.

taking a deep breath in, i look at myself in the mirror. i didn't look as bad as i could have been, but i didn't look the best either. considering my clothes were in michael's room and i was planning on taking a shower this morning, i just brush my teeth with the toothbrush i kept at michael's and wash my face.

"much better," i mutter underneath my breath, feeling a lot cleaner.

right before i'm about to exit the bathroom and face luke again in a mission to get my clothes from michael's room, there's a knock on the door.

"i'll be in my car, meet me there when you're ready." i hear luke's voice say on the other end.

oh. my date is... right now. great.

-

i had no makeup on. now i wasn't one for makeup, but i wanted to at least add some mascara onto my eyes before i went on a date with adonis himself.

i can only hope luke didn't judge my lack of style and makeup today. michael and i were planning on chilling at his house for the day and maybe going out to eat dinner, as this was our last day before we went back to school for our break, so i packed average looking clothes for the day.

i was wearing a grey shirt with a jean jacket and tights- about as average as it gets. last i remember, even though it was merely a brief glance, luke looked extremely good today.

but he looks just that good every day.

he was wearing a black shirt and black ripped jeans with vans. now his outfit was pretty average as well, but paired with his face and an extremely attractive lip ring, girls and guys would both fall at his feet.

"took you long enough." i hear michael say once i exit the bathroom door.

i furrow my eyebrows at the boy standing in front of me. i didn't think i took all that long to get ready, but looking at the time, i noticed that it was lunch time and luke was waiting well over 20 minutes.

"shit," i mutter underneath my breath, tilting my head up at the sky in attempts to speak with whoever was up there.

"god, allah, shiva, buddha, i don't know, jesus? whoever is up there, why do you hate me?"

first, having to hide in michael's closet was a whole other experience i would never want to do ever again, then facing luke looking like a seven-year-old boy happened, and on top of that, not having makeup left me to transform my seven-year-old boy looking self into a twelve-year-old. now, luke was probably annoyed considering i spent way too long to get ready and must be extremely disappointed when i come out looking like... this (italics).

deep breaths bella.

"well, are you just going to wait here until he leaves?" michael mumbles, walking away from me to migrate towards his glass of milk that was on his counter.

"right. sorry, was dwelling on how much the upper-being hates me. see you later mike, be good for karen. don't do anything dumb." i press my lips to his cheek and tell him to tell his mom that i said thank you.

luke hemmings, here i come.

a/n
hehe that's what she said.

SORRY bigger news, thank you guys so much for making boxer number one under luke hemmings <33 i kinda took a break and saw that and nearly cried (also cause i'm a loser but)

anyways, vote and COMMENT!!! if u enjoyed :)