eighteen ; attached

"shut up! no, seriously, shut up! no way!"

currently, i was in the car with luke and michael on the way to luke's training. somehow, within five minutes of knowing each other, luke and michael became best friends.

"yes way!" luke shouts. luke was telling michael an extremely graphic story about the time he beat up some guy on his nineteenth birthday. i was not really paying attention, instead i was guilty of looking at luke as he talked. this was the most excited i had seen him. there was something so innocent on his face- a look that is usual in a child at the time of making a new friend.

i was glad i brought michael along. now my- friend? swim coach? extremely hot guy i see a lot? whatever luke was to me could be friends with michael as well. 

"c'mon princess, we're here." luke says, taking his key out of the engine and getting out of the car. since luke was the only one who knew where he was going, we just followed him into the gym. luke was a few steps ahead of me as michael catches up to my pace.

"you didn't tell me he was so cool!" michael whispers next to me.

"don't get too attached. calum and tyler don't know i'm hanging out with him and if they do- they will actually skin me with a butter knife and hang my epidermis as wallpaper. i'm learning how to swim and then i will give him a slight wave and awkward smile every time i see him afterward."

"don't act like that. i know tyler says that he's not good for you, but you're already rebelling by learning how to swim. might as well go hard and suck his dick while you're at it. go hard or go home. get it, go hard." michael laughs to himself while i smack his shoulder.

"stop suggesting i suck everyone's dick. you know how well that worked out for me last time." i bitterly say the words, thinking back to the party which was just a few days ago.

"even i could've told you ashton was no good for you. he's rude and cocky while luke over here is nice and a boxer! how cool is that?" now that michael was introduced to luke, i know he would never stop talking about him. when michael first met calum, he raved about what a good friend he was for weeks.

"if you like him so much, why don't you date him?" i ask.

"are you implying you want to date him?" michael asks, picking up his step as we continued to follow luke through the gym. there were many people there but luke wasn't going to where the normal gym machines were. instead, he was walking through several doors that i guessed eventually led to where he would actually do his training.

"no michael! i'm saying that i don't care for him as deeply as you do. here's my agenda: learn how to swim, try not to get attached to luke, and rebel against tyler for a little." i mutter.

"please, we both know how quickly you get attached to people. there's not one movie where you don't cry if someone dies or if they're sad. movies are like two hours long! how do you get attached to a character in an hour! and don't get me started on book characters! you can't even see them! how do you-" i cut michael's long rant off before he can go too far and say something in front of luke that i did not want him to hear.

"please michael, let's just get through the day." i sigh.

"okay, but don't come crawling to me because i'll just say i told you so." michael crosses his arms against his chest and huffs.

"i told you so to what?"

"to you getting attached to luke."

a/n

i don't think i ever publicized this but i have a 5sos/1d editing acc on insta so if u guys want to follow me then feel free!! my @ is suckerforzarry :))