forty five ; napping

it's been almost three weeks. luke hemmings and i have gone out either on dates or have hung out for every single day since the record shop incident. we avoided the public eye considering that tyler and my entire school would cause a meltdown if they found out i was dating luke hemmings.

luke was leaving in two days to go on his boxing tournament in los angeles and i was planning on spending the rest of the week with him as well. whether that meant eating drive through taco bell in luke's car meanwhile watching netflix off his phone or me going to his training practices while i watch him beat up a punching bag- both of which i had been doing for the past few weeks.

i was currently waiting outside of school as i was seeing him again today and i last remember him claiming that he had nothing planned to do but he was extremely tired. i asked michael if he was okay with me spending time with luke, but when i asked, he said that he understands but we were going to hang out every day that luke is gone to make up for lost time.

"hi pretty girl." luke says, pulling up to the front of the school. the window was rolled down on the passenger side of the car, thus why i could hear him.

"hello lucas." i respond, getting into the car. i know luke's real name wasn't actually lucas but it pissed him off which made it ten times more entertaining for me. though i was practically dating luke at this point- we still were not official- i still found it amusing to tease the older boy.

"i'll let you get away with it this time only because i'm about to pass out right here right now." luke says, coincidently yawning right after his statement.

"so no vigorous training for you today?" i indirectly ask, wondering whether or not he would be going to the gym today. luke looked like he was in no condition to train, however, so i assumed he would not be going today.

"no ma'am, i have no more training until i leave." luke begins to drive off yet i don't question where we're going.

"good, that will give you enough time to spend with me so you don't forget me when you leave," i respond, clearly joking. both of us had made multiple jokes that once he leaves, we won't remember each other, although luke is leaving for only two weeks.

"not if you forget me first." luke pulls up to target and i furrow my eyebrows. maybe he needed stuff for the trip? who knows, he took me to a record store because he needed new ones to take with him. apparently luke loved listening to records in hotel rooms- he says it's calming in a different area that's unfamiliar.

"bet." i simply respond, taking my seatbelt off and turning my body so i was facing luke.

"i can't believe i'm not going to be here for your birthday." luke changes the subject and frowns at his statement. he mirrors my position to look at me.

"don't pout." i place my hand on his cheek and lightly squeeze his cheeks together so his bottom lip folds under his top lip more. his lip ring jets out and i lightly graze my thumb along it.

"i know you said you don't really care about birthdays but i know tyler's going to celebrate with you for five minutes before leaving you all by yourself." though i told luke not to pout, he only pouts more.

"i'll have mikey. i have mikey every year. it'll be no different." i let go of his face and lean it to place a light peck on his lips. going from not kissing a boy ever to kissing luke hemmings was definitely an upgrade. kissing luke was intoxicating. if i had it my way, my lips would always be on his.

"but this year is different. this year you have me, and i've never really celebrated a birthday for a girl before- unless it was my mom's- which i don't think counts." luke furrows his eyebrows and i laugh at the boy sitting in front of me. though luke was three years older than me, he sure acted like a child.