forty two ; subway and sushi

"you look..." luke takes a break between his sentence, "good." he finally says.

"i'm sorry, i had zero makeup at michael's and i'm also sorry for hiding in his closet and i'm sorry for leaving you with liz after i told you i was going to stay," i say, taking a deep breath at the end. i was only planning on telling him i was sorry for looking as i was but as soon as i started saying sorry, i couldn't stop.

"no need to apologize bells, you're here now, aren't you?" luke says, a light smile to his face. luke was leaning up against his car and i admired him silently as he turned around to walk towards his side of the car and open the car door.

as i thought earlier, he looked good- what a shock. finding an interest in his shoes, i notice that they were quite different from mine. my vans were scribbled on, written on, drawn on, you name it. different colors painted my shoes with a variety of things, yet luke's were blank. they looked new and untainted.

"wait!" i hear luke shout, as i'm about to open my side of the car door. luke jumps out the driver's seat and rushes to my side. i back away from his figure just to find out that he came out of the car to open the car door for me.

"i saw it in a movie once," he mumbles underneath his breath, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

i lightly laugh underneath my breath but also say thank you. though luke was terribly nice to me when i cut my thigh, i never saw this type of luke before.

it was nice.

"how's your leg?" luke finally asks once we're inside the car. "i saw you limping on your way here."

"better, honestly. i wrapped it again after michael's this morning and it looked a lot better," i answer truthfully. though i was limping, my leg looked less like i almost got murdered- which i consider a good thing.

"good." luke replies. the car was suddenly filled with silence. i wanted to ask luke what made him change his mind. what made him like me over anyone else, and why he was trying so hard, but i just couldn't.

"i," luke clears his throat before speaking again, "i think i owe you an explanation for... earlier."

by earlier, i assumed luke meant his temper tantrum and extensive odd behavior that occurred at his house yesterday, but i was over that. though many have, including liz hemmings herself, told me to stay away from luke hemmings, it was quite obvious that luke was supposed to play some role in my life- big or small.

"it's fine, you don't owe me anything. i was kind of pushing your buttons anyway." i also took a risky guess that luke was talking about the outburst he had about liking me. you know what they say, a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

"i like you bella. fuck, i know i've never felt this way before and i'm sorry for coming off so aggressive about it but i've never had to tell anyone that. i've never needed anyone as much as you. i'm new to all this and in all my years, i had never thought about getting in a relationship. after seeing so many failed ones, i never really thought relationships could work or even happen, but i want to try. with you."

luke glances at me, momentarily taking his eyes off the road. i know my silence must have made him nervous but i was doing what i did best- overthinking.

the fact that luke wanted to try with me warmed heart.

"well..." i prolong my sentence, liking how nervous i made luke. luke hemmings. i made luke hemmings nervous. "i really like sunflowers and big hoodies, and i would like to start with one of each please."

luke let out a breathy laugh, relieved from my response.

"i can do that. we have to make a pitstop first." luke pulls into the parking lot of a subway and immediately fall in love with the boy.

though making sandwiches was my specialty, i had an absurd obsession with subway.

"oh luke hemmings, for someone who has never been in a relationship before, you sure know how to woo a girl," i say, peering into the subway to see how many people were in there.

"sit in the car, i'll be back." luke responds, not giving me time to say anything back.

watching the tall boy walk in, i begin to think about the circumstances. i'm sitting in a car that belonged to possibly the most attractive man- besides harry styles- i had ever met and he was getting me lunch. not only was he attractive, which honestly isn't even the best part of him, but he was also witty and sweet and genuinely cared about me. not to mention, i have never felt this strongly for anyone i have ever met. even though i have had crushed in the past, and with tyler's adamance they were scared away, i had never felt this way for any of those boys before.

with luke, it was different. every since i saw those blue eyes, i knew i was in for it.

watching the boy inside, he patiently waited while the sandwiches toasted. the guy making the subs was evidently trying to make conversation with luke but i could tell due to his hands in his pockets and extremely awkward stance that he didn't know what to say.

even though i knew luke for only a short time, it was clear that when it came to picking up girls, luke could do it no problem, but speaking to anyone else, it was a task that he tried to avoid like it was the plague. 

"sorry for the wait. i would have let you order yourself but i didn't want you standing on that leg anymore that you have to." luke hands me my sub and a dr.pepper and i smile at him in gratitude. he remembered. dr. pepper is my favorite.

"thank you. what did you get?" i ask, curious as to what he got me.

i wouldn't tell him, but i was a picky eater. tyler hated that about me and michael did as well. at the same time, i would eat whatever luke had brought me just to not seem like a stuck up bitch. it was ironic in a way that i would eat whatever he wanted even though i was a picky eater.

"why the best of the best of course! ham and cheese." luke looks over at me and smirks.

i roll my eyes but smile nonetheless.

damn you michael clifford.

"yeah, mike told me all about your interesting eating habits. ham and cheese? that has got to be the blandest thing ever." luke swiftly pulls out of the parking lot and i get ready to have the same conversation i had with anyone who had ever eaten with me.

"listen, a simple combination of ham, cheese, lettuce, and ranch is extravagant in it's own way. oh, and don't get me started on what it tastes like with dr.pepper." i tilt my head back in my seat to express my love for the combination.

"you weirdo."

-

"liar!"

"is that an accusation?!" i shout.

"yes! there is absolutely no way that you can not like sushi. i'm sorry." luke and i were currently at his apartment. we had finished eating and now we're sitting on his couch. there was some show playing on the t.v. but we were mindless to it. we began having our own conversation when i saw an advertisement for some sushi place.

"forget sushi, all seafood is gross," i say, crossing my arms to make a point.

"oh this relationship we have going on is going to end quicker than it started." he scoffs at me and i roll my eyes.

good luck getting rid of me now luke hemmings. i was already attached to luke- as michael guessed- and i just knew it would be difficult to get over him.

a/n

this chapter was going to be longer but if i wanted to update tonight, i had to cut it short so :((

anyways vote and COMMENT if u enjoyed :)