nine ; suck his dick

"no," i whisper to michael.

"you have to. it's the only way."

"i'll find another way."

"but-"

i cut michael off.

"for god's sake michael, i'm not sucking his dick!" i shout.

"hold up, whose dick are you not sucking?" tyler asks, suddenly interested in our conversation.

"your mom's," i grunt.

"well actually, that is correct since you two were born and she would need to have a-"

"calum, shut up about my mom's reproductive parts, please! and bella, don't suck anyone's dick. end of story."

i huff in my seat at the unnecessary interaction. it's not like i was planning on sucking anyone's dick. i had merely asked michael for help on how to get ashton's attention and his advice was not helping. if anything- it was spiraling me in the wrong direction.

not that i was thinking of sucking ashton's dick- no, not at all- but now, i had absolutely no idea on how to even initiate a conversation with the guy. the last thing he said to me was "happy new year".

"get out of the car," michael says. i furrow my eyebrows in confusion and realize that we had been parked on the street for quite some time. not to mention- there were people everywhere.

"keys?" i ask tyler as soon as i get out of the car. i needed the ability to leave whenever i pleased. of course, tyler made me promise that michael came home with me so i wouldn't be home alone. why tyler wished to treat me like i was still 13- i had no idea. i was capable of being on my own, but i guess he thought otherwise.

tyler hands me the keys and we make our way towards ashton's front door. when calum rings the doorbell, ashton himself opens the door and welcomes us in.

"tyler, calum! it's been a while. and michael, is that you?" he asks. ashton hasn't seen michael since the new year's party as well and since then, michael has changed his color three different times.

"in the flesh," michael says, giving ashton a hug even though he wasn't ashton's biggest fan. when they're done hugging, ashton finally turns to me and it suddenly feels like the world had stopped rotating. 

"and i would ask if you're bella, but i could never forget a pretty face." he finally says, taking my hand in his to bring me into his house. i blush at his simple words but my mind can't help but think of luke as soon as the nickname comes out of his mouth. 

"hey, fletcher, stop flirting with my little sister." tyler says, glaring at ashton. i don't know why, but tyler and calum had a thing for calling other people by their middle name. did i question it? no. i've learned not to ask tyler about why he does what he does because he tends to become very offended when i do.

sooner than i know, i am left alone to scrounge for something to do. maybe i could try to find michael?

i gaze over to find the purple haired boy with another girl. this one was definitely not the same girl he had been telling me about, but i mentally noted to ask him about her later. it didn't seem like a good time for me to interrogate him. 

i keep my eyes traveling, catching glimpses of people kissing and groping each other.

"no thank you," i mutter aloud. i walk away from the people currently making me uncomfortable and keep looking around. 

i notice calum and tyler playing beer pong with two other guys as a crowd of girls watch them. what attracted them to go over there- that i did not know. i was lousy at beer pong. calum tried helping me fix my "technique", but every single time, the ball landed anywhere but the cups.

i had the sudden urge to check up on what was happening upstairs in hopes of finding ashton and maybe talking to him, so i made my way up the stairs and around the couples who were sucking each other's faces off.

i can do this. i can form a full sentence and talk to ashton irwin. he was just another guy, right?

my thoughts were affirmed when i found out that he really was just another guy. just another guy making out with some girl i didn't know about to enter a bedroom, which i assumed was his.

i clumsily keep walking, away from ashton and the girl he was with. i was stupid to think he would want to talk to me. michael was right, all it took was someone to suck his dick for him to be interested in anyone.

i scoff out loud and continue walking. i felt dumb. i suddenly wanted to go home but decided to wait a little longer so i could give michael some time to actually get some action- unlike me. not that i assumed a lot was going to happen tonight, but ashton could have had a 5-minute conversation with me and i would have considered it 'action'.

i needed some air so i continue to search around, hoping to find a window or something of the sort. somehow, god was on my side, because at the end of the hallway was a door to a balcony. i rush my way through the people to get to the balcony, turning the handle as quick as possible. from what it seemed, no one was outside right now and that was exactly what i wanted.

when i finally step outside and close the door behind me, i sigh in relief. it was nice out; there was a slight breeze in the air and it smelled like pinewood.

my head snaps behind me when i hear the handle to the balcony being turned and a deep voice say something.

"what are you doing out here?"