forty six ; moana

"really wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't going to talk about what happened with tyler. when we got to his apartment, he immediately put on moana and snuggled. he only ever watches moana when he's sad. i think something happened between him and tyler but i can't tell what." i say, explaining to luke what happened when i got to michael's yesterday.

michael only ever saves moana for when he is extremely sad because he says the grandma's death makes him too sad when he's happy. needless to say, he cried into me like a little child after they don't get what they want.

"i feel like i'm missing a part of the story." luke says, stirring the pasta in the pot. luke was, in fact, missing the tiny part of the explanation in that michael had a gigantic crush on my brother, but it wasn't my place to tell him that.

"what do i do? i want to help him but how am i supposed to help him when he won't tell me what's wrong?" luke sticks out his spoon with a little bit of pasta sauce on it and licks it, tasting it. after tasting it, he dips it back in and allows me to try some.

"yummy," i say, getting off of the counter and searching for plates to get out for him to put the pasta on.

"my best advice would be to wait until he's ready. a person can only hold stuff in for a certain period of time before they burst. hey, no need to do that, i'm supposed to be doing something nice for you." luke shoos me away from the plates.

before i can move, however, i take two plates and set them down onto his counter.

"you would, wouldn't you." luke says, narrowing his eyes at me.

i simply throw him a sarcastic smile and go back to sitting on the counter next to where luke was cooking.

"ok, i really think you should move or your dress is going to get pasta sauce splattered on it. i am an amazing cook, but no one ever said i was a clean cook." luke places his spoon back into the pasta and stirs it some more.

luke was acting like i had worn a dress that was masquerading worthy. i was wearing a simple black dress that flowed down mid-thigh and had straps around my shoulders. however, i wasn't the most comfortable with my shoulders, nor with wearing things that exposed my full arm, so i was wearing a cream-colored cardigan over it.

"this outfit probably cost me a total of twenty dollars, let's calm down," i say, laughing because it was true.

luke ignores my comment, something that i've gotten used to. he tells me that sometimes, his brain thinks so quickly that he doesn't have time to verbalize all he wants to before his mind is thinking about the next thing.

luke places his hand gently on my thigh where the band-aid resided. the cut on my thigh didn't hurt anymore, but that didn't mean it wasn't nasty to look at. luke frowns and lightly caresses the wrap with his thumb.

with him this close to me, i was able to truly look at the boy. luke's furrowed eyebrows allowed me to see his eyes better from the position i was sitting in. the blue in luke's eyes contrasted well with his dense eyelashes. i notice an eyelash sitting in the corner of his eye. getting a little closer, i reach over and pick the eyelash off of his face. luke diverts his gaze from his thigh to my eyes. for some reason, his pupils seemed larger than normal.

i hold out my finger to luke. "make a wish."

he tightly shuts his eyes, blowing the eyelash away from my finger. when he opens his eyes again, he looks over to the pasta.

"all done," he says, taking the pot off the stove. i gently hop off of the counter to join luke at the small dining table he had. this contrasted from the first night i had spent with the boy. the first night, we sat at the counter eating ramen. what a far way we've come.