thirty five ; i like you bella

"i'm not going in."

"well i didn't drag your ass over here and tell liz hemmings that i would bring you to calm luke down for nothing! now, you get your ass in there or tyler is going to get a very strongly worded email about all the shenanigans you have been up to." calum huffs, forcefully pointing his hand to the front of luke's mom's house.

i know calum hood, and i know that he would never actually do anything to get me in trouble, so i automatically didn't believe what he said as soon as he said it. but, on the other hand, at this point calum was pouting his lips at me and he looked like he truly wanted me to go inside so what could i do besides say-

"fine." i roll my eyes and unbuckle my seatbelt.

stupid calum hood, stupid calum pout, stupid-looking bitch.

my arms were crossed over my chest and i was limping excessively due to the intense pain in my leg. all i could hope for was that calum didn't notice it. the last thing i wanted was calum to be mad at luke for another reason that he shouldn't be mad at him for.

as i walk up the steps, i contemplate what i was even going to say to luke, not knowing how to address him, let alone his mom. when i ring the doorbell, i patiently wait for liz to open the door, but to my demise, it was not luke hemmings' mom. it was most definitely a drunk luke.

"omg bella!! you didn't tell me you were coming over."

oh, so he's a that kind of drunk.

"luke! what did i tell you about opening the door when you're drunk!" i hear, what i assume is, luke's mom say.

"oh! you must be bella! it is so good to finally meet you. from the nonstop talking luke has done about you in just the past hour, it seems like i already know you." she says, pulling me in.

"all good things i hope." i mutter underneath my breath. instead of saying anything, luke's mom just nervously chuckles which i did not take as a good sign.

"he has been non-stop asking for you and it come to a point where he mentioned tyler and calum so my last resort was to call calum. i am so sorry for the inconveniance but he's already passed the legal limit for how much he can drink and we all know he's stronger than me- i mean he's a boxer for goodness sake- so whenever i tried to take the bottle from him, he just took it from me and-" i cut luke's mom off because it was very evident that she was already stressed about luke and i didn't want her to think that i forced to be there- though i really was.

"it's fine mrs. hemmings. don't worry, i'll calm him down. hopefully." i whisper the 'hopefully' under my breath but realize how easily she could hear me.

stop saying things under your breath bella, jesus.

"please! call me liz. everyone does. and i guess i'll just leave you two alone. please do tell me if he starts to become violent again. he's usually a somber drunk but once he gets past a certain level, he starts to get rowdy and a little aggressive." she explains before walking up the stairs.

thanks liz. just what i needed. aggressive luke hemmings.

luke, who clearly was not getting enough attention, was sprawled across their kitchen counter with his arms spread out and legs nearly doing the splits.

"i'm so glad she's gone. you know she lies about that stuff all of the time. i'm a nice person, i promise." luke says, peeling himself off of the counter.

"i know that. i think she knows that too." i say, reassuring luke.

"no she doesn't. she thinks that i'm a bad person because i fight people. tyler and calum think i'm bad too but that's because of you, and you think i'm bad too because of last night." luke was severly slurring his words and i see how luke could have the potential of becoming a rowdy drunk.

"i don't think that luke."i say, frowning. i truly didn't but i felt like talking to a drunk luke was pointless as he wasn't going to retain any of the information i tell him.

"did lizzy tell you why i was asking for you?" luke asks, finally turning so his body wasn't facing the counter but rather his back.

lizzy? calum and liz owe me big bucks for doing this.

"no luke. how about you come lay down on this couch instead. i'm sure it's much more comfortable than this counter." i say, trying to get ahold of his hand in order to start bringing him to the couch.

"no! let go of me." luke shouts, ripping his arm away from me and out of my grasp.

though i know i shouldn't be, i was truly concerned for luke. the feelings i felt toward luke made me almost feel his pain as if it was mine.

"luke, please." i say, already exhausted. my leg was pulsing and so was my head.

"let me tell you what i told my mom. you're like a fire. you- you just enter my life and suddenly everything's on fire. everywhere you go, everything you do leaves a trail and as soon as you do or say something, it never leaves my fucking mind!" luke slams his hand against the counter. his eyes were bloodshot before, but now they were blazing all around his pupil.

he was angry.

"so why did you ask for me luke? why didn't you just stick to your word and leave me alone?" i knew i was pushing luke's buttons. i knew what i was doing, yet i coninued anyway.

"why am i here right now luke? tell me!" i say, slightly shoving his body.

"because, i like you bella! i have never, in my life, ever, liked anyone. but you know what? you make me feel a way no one else ever has. in the short span of time that i have known you, you have infiltrated my mind and i have never hated anything more than this feeling. this feeling i have of caring for some random girl that i didn't even know existed until maybe two weeks ago. i hate it." luke pushes himself off the counter and stares right at me, standing maybe two feet away from me.

i was scared. utterly scared. i didn't know i made luke hemmings feel like that. the luke hemmings. the one who pulled millions of girls and went to tons of parties.

i don't think tyler nor calum knew this side of luke either. the reason calum and tyler tried to warn me from luke wasn't that they were wrong, but because that was what luke was before.

before he met me.

and i don't know whether or not i liked that at all.

a/n

lmao bella kinda conceited lol luke is getting to her head also luke finna hot when he angry drunk (but also hello i dont condone abusive behaviour whether drunk or not, dw luke will NEVER get abusive becuase ive dealt wt that and no person should ever <33)

ps hey syd love u loads

pps i kinda have a direction for where this is going just GIVE ME A FEW CHAPTERS