ten ; lucas

ever since i've met luke hemmings, which was coincidentally yesterday, he was everywhere. before yesterday, i hadn't even heard of the so-called king of boxing, but now, it's like he can't leave my thoughts nor myself alone. 

"needed some air." i simply reply, turning back around.

"you know, you're not old enough to drink," he says, as if i was a child. i roll my eyes at his tone and scoff. 

"no, sorry. i don't know my age," i mutter. 

luke doesn't say anything else after that for a while, and neither did i. we just stood outside in silence and embraced the cool air that was moving through the air.

"i didn't peg you for a party girl." luke finally says after about ten minutes of silence.

"i'm not one. tyler made me come."

"why does tyler always tell you what to do? you seem old enough to make your own decisions." i ponder at what luke says. i've always been brought up to not question what tyler did. whether he comes home late and doesn't tell me why or if he forces me to go places. our mom always says he's just being protective— and that much was proven when she trusted him enough to let me live with him as my mom found a new job two hours away from where we lived.

"i don't know," i mumble. i rest my head against the railing and try to block out the presence of the tall boy behind me.

"you don't seem too ecstatic with me around princess." even though i wasn't looking at him, i could tell there was a smirk on his face. 

"i have never been this bored in my entire life. i would rather be at home watching the office, but instead, i'm stuck here." i grumble. i hadn't meant to complain this much, i was just annoyed at tyler for being so protective over me and luke's words only heightened my annoyance. 

"then lets get out of here." luke finally says.

i turn my head around in confusion.

"i may not seem like a party girl luke, but you definitely seem like a party boy. why would you want to go anywhere with me? especially if it means sitting at home and watching tv?" i ask, genuinely confused.  

"parties happen everyday. not to mention, you intrigue me bells. there's no hurt in getting to know my friend's little sister, is there?"

before i can answer, luke takes my hand and maneuvers his way through to get to the front door. when we did reach the front door, the severity of what was about to happen had finally dawned on me. 

"but what about michael? i was supposed to take him with me. and tyler, or calum. they may need-"

luke cuts me off from my mini rant.

"live a little bells. don't worry about anyone but yourself."

i cringe at the nickname he had placed upon me again, but decide not to fix it. it sounded good coming from him.

i didn't know where we were going. when we get to luke's car, butterflies start to kick. 

i was leaving the boys at a party when i know they may need a ride home and not to mention, i was leaving with someone tyler did not want me around. luke could tell i was nervous from my constant fidgeting with my phone. he was about to say something until my phone went off and my automatic thought was that something terrible had happened and i had to go back immediately. my phone didn't seem to stop going off, and i was filled with panic. i turn my phone over and check my notifications.

7 unread messages from connect 4

connect 4

mike-emical romance: hey i'm going home with this girl, don't worry about me. bella plz check up on calum and tyler.

cal es mal: we're fine, staying at ashton's for the night.

cal es mal: bella i can't find

cal es mal: where r u???

cal es mal: did u leave???

cal es mal: u left didn't u, u lil bitch.

thai: went to go find u, the car is still here.

bella: i'm fine. went home w a friend. will talk later. have fun.

bella: also cal, ur a bitch.

i turn off my phone in relief and focus my attention back to reality.

"where are we going?" i ask.

"leave that to me princess. everything fine with tyler and calum?" he asks.

i nod my head and notice that we had derailed from the usual road and were now on a gravel path.

"this is it. this is the end. please tell harry styles i love him after you murder me." i joke.

luke scoffs at my words.

"harry styles? really? he's not even that cute."

i playfully place my hands on my heart and gasp.

"take that back right this instant luke robert hemmings or the tables will turn and i will kill you instead."

"how do you know my middle name?" luke decides to dismiss my playful attitude and instead responds with his usually stoic face. 

"tyler addressed you as robert after the match," i simply explain. "also, please stop listening to one word out of everything i say. it's quite annoying ya know."

"sorry, what was that you said? all i heard was annoying."

i play along with luke's charade and smile as i do so.

"lucas, did you just make a joke?"

"if you call me lucas then no i did not." luke glances at me and slightly smiles. 

if i was being dramatic, i would have fainted right here and now, but something told me luke wouldn't appreciate me fainting at a small smile coming from him. 

our conversation abruptly comes to an end when luke parks his car in the middle of the gravel path.

"we're here." he states.

"here?" i question under my breath. if here was a path covered by trees, then something told me i really didn't want to be here. as if luke could read me as easily as a picture book, he addresses my concern.

"do you trust me princess?" he asks.

"i wouldn't say trust just yet hemmings, but what was it that you said earlier? oh yeah, live a little. well lucas, let's live a little."