five ; mad

"tell me about yourself princess." luke says once we're in the car.

on our way there, there were, in fact, many people taking pictures of luke. some were even asking him questions as if he was a celebrity, but i guess he was in a way. how i had never heard of him was shocking to me. it seemed like everyone knew who he was, at least in australia. 

"i don't know, i'm not really interesting. how about you tell me about yourself. you seem more entertaining."

"entertaining, huh?" luke glances over to me and smirks. i didn't mean it in any way besides the literal, but the way he looks at me after i say it makes me blush. 

"be careful, this is exactly how that guy ended up punching you in the face." i retort. luke immediately snaps his face back to the road. i could see a slight pink rise onto his cheeks and i feel proud of the heat raising on his face.

"don't act like it's all my fault pretty girl."

there he goes again with that pretty girl talk. he says it like he wasn't making out with another girl just minutes ago.

"don't you think that maybe you shouldn't be hitting on your best friend's little sister? especially when you have a girlfriend?" i ask.

luke glances at me again but looks away as soon as he realizes what he was doing.

"trust me, i've thought about how you really shouldn't be in my car a few hundred times now. also, who said i had a girlfriend?" luke genuinely looks confused, as if he wasn't sucking someone's face in front of me.

"uh, that girl back there? was she- is she not-" i don't know how to clearly come out and ask him whether or not that girl was his girlfriend. 

luke looks over at me again for maybe the seventeenth time before cracking a smile and chuckling.

"sweetheart, elle is definitely not my girlfriend. in fact, i can't remember the last time i had a girlfriend."

luke hemmings is the most confusing person i have ever met.

"then why were you... you know..." i trail on, not really wanting to say it out loud.

"why was i making out with her?" luke looks over at me to make sure he knows what i'm talking about and i nod my head. "because. it's fun."

i scoff at his reply and instead decide to sit the rest of the ride in silence. luke hemmings is a playboy. i haven't even had my first kiss yet he french kisses other people for "fun". i really must look like a little girl compared to him.

"are you mad at me?" luke asks, breaking me from my thoughts.

"mad? why would i be mad at you?" i ask, confused. this was merely a reason to be mad at luke. he's being himself. i'm not asking him to change for me, we were strangers.

"i dunno." luke lamely replies.

"i know absolutely nothing about you luke and to be completely honest, i'm probably not going to see you after tonight. flirting is in your nature, it's a given. i'm not going to be mad at you for being yourself." i ramble out my thoughts but get them out in a surprisingly coherent sentence.

"well, i guess this is where we part ways." luke doesn't acknowledge one word from what i had previously stated and instead gestures for me to get out of the car. i didn't realize it, but we were already at my apartment. 

i don't question how he knows where the apartment is even though i've never seen him here, i don't ask him to come inside as a courtesy, i don't do anything i would normally do if a guest was coming over. luke's aggressive gesture and monotone voice were, for some reason, making me frustrated. 

"you know what," i say while opening the door, "even if i was mad at you, i would have a great reason because you seem like a dickhead." i slam his door shut and aggressively stomp my way to my front door like a little child.

i expect him to say something. maybe a goodnight. maybe you're welcome to my 'thank you for the ride' i muttered on my way to the door, but no. all i heard was the rev of his engine as he drove away in his nice ass car.

my first encounter with luke hemmings was definitely not enjoyable. emphasis on first.