forty nine ; cuddles

"his plane's almost here," michael says, shaking me a little to wake me up.

"i hope you get electrocuted," i mutter, rolling over and facing the other way. the sun was shining through the curtains this way but i would rather see the sun than Michael's face.

"c'mon bella, you know you care. you've shined the blue light at me four times just last night."

when i don't say anything back, i assume michael gives up on getting me to get up. he pushes me over and gets into bed with me and he wraps his arms around me. i raise the blanket to cover both of us and shut up my eyes, i get ready to fall back asleep until i realize that even though michael got into the bed with me, he definitely wasn't planning on sleeping.

"you can deny it all you want but you know i know you better than you know yourself bella."

michael rolls his eyes as i mock the way he was talking.

"you can deny it all you want, blah blah blah, i'm michael," i huff, smothering my face into the pillow. michael takes this as a sign to snuggle his face into my neck.

"all i'm saying is that-" michael begins again but is interrupted.

our conversation got cut short with the same boy who tends to ruin everything when we're together. we both turn our heads to the new source of voice.

"bella, calum and i are going-" tyler immediately stops talking when he notices michael was in the bed with me.

"going where?" i ask, shifting my body so i was entirely facing tyler.

tyler remains silent for a moment before regaining his consciousness and finally responding to my question.

"we're going to go pick up luke from the airport." tyler's position noticeably shifts and i can't help but feel agitated at him for being so mysterious in his actions. tyler was usually blunt in what he wanted to say and whatever he wanted to get across but with his recent actions, it was almost like i didn't recognize the boy in front of my eyes.

"oh, okay. i'll be here with mikey. we probably won't move from this position." i tell tyler the truth and wait to see his reaction. he was predictable, flinching at the words that came out of my mouth.

"you guys are like a relationship without all the romantic stuff." he scoffs, crossing his arms across his chest.

"oh, so like a friendship?" michael rolls his eyes and holds me closer to his chest. i let out a giggle at his statement but immediately cover my mouth, trying to stifle it. i didn't want to blatantly show tyler that i was on michael's side even though tyler was being rude and petty.

"luke. we're getting luke. then i think we're pre-gaming here. stay away from luke." tyler points at me while squinting his eyes and then continues to shut the door behind him. i wait until i can't hear his footsteps to begin panicking.

"he's coming here!? i can't possibly face him! he hasn't texted me since my birthday michael. what if he's mad at me?" i push away from michael's body and sit on the bed, crossing my legs and rubbing my hands on my legs to get rid of the sweat that was accumulating on them.

"deep breaths love. i'll stay with you in here until they're done pre-gaming. we have snacks, netflix, and southy, what more could we ask for." michael seemed to be a lot calmer than me, which only helped partially.

instead of saying anything and worrying michael more, i snuggle back into his chest and put on our favorite show to watch together considering we finished the office, again. i take the remote and feel slightly better at the familiar voices of how i met your mother.