sixteen ; wet

"i think that's enough for one night." i don't know how many hours had passed since luke and i had started to swim, but all i knew that it was dark out now and we had started when it was day time. 

"you're telling me," i say as i yawn. 

luke smiles at me as we walk back to his car. as little as i knew about guys, i did know that they hate it when their car is anything but in mint condition. 

"i'm wet." i say to myself as i begin to think about how i was going to dry off in such little time. 

"i know, i have that effect on girls." luke smirks, tossing me a towel. 

looks like someone was prepared. 

"what, the effect of wanting to vomit?" i bicker, not wanting him to win our tiny quarrel. 

"no need to be a smartass." luke scoffs. 

"no need to be a jackass." i mutter. 

"you know, for someone like you, you sure have a mouth on you." at this point we were done drying ourselves off and were just blatantly arguing. 

"correct me if i'm wrong, but i think everyone has a mouth on them." i shoot an innocent smile in his direction. i knew i was getting under his skin and it made me happy because now he was getting a taste of his own medicine. 

"you aggravate me. no one has ever talked back to me they way you do and to be honest- it's infuriating." luke had loudly slammed his car door shut and was waiting for me to ente,r but i was nervous to. 

was he mad at me? i was just joking. 

you know what bella- who cares if he hates you. in the end, it's better if he does. if he's a jackass then you can't like him. 

on that thought, i open the car door and get in. as soon as my seatbelt is on, luke drives away. each time luke had driven me anywhere, the radio was usually playing. this time, however, i realize his phone was connected to the aux. 

we said nothing and let the song quietly play through the car. 

"i like this song." i say, lightly humming along to the familiar tune of mayday parade. 

"really?" luke asks, genuinely shocked. "you don't seem like the type of girl to like them." 

"you seem to be assuming a lot of things about me." i lay my head against the window and close my eyes. 

"bella." luke says after a few seconds of silence. 

"yes, lucas?" i ask. 

"so," he clears his throat. "i can do tomorrow but it's going to have to be after my training which ends around three unless you want to come to that which i mean i don't know why you would want to but i mean you did come to my match that was just a few days ago so-" 

"woah buddy, i'll come." i say, chuckling. "can i bring michael?" looks like he wasn't mad at me after all. 

"michael? the kid with the purple hair?" luke looks over to me slightly confused. 

"yeah." i simply reply. 

"yeah, sure." he voice was tight and i smirked at the thought. "we're here."

he, for the second time in one minute, cleared his throat. 

"great, i'll pick you up at 12:30." 

"12:30." we had arrived to tyler and i's apartment and i was ready to leave before something stopped me. 

"thank you, by the way. for the ride and the swimming stuff." i couldn't find the rights words to say what i wanted to, but still wanted to express my gratitude for what luke was doing. even though i still didn't know why he was exactly doing it. 

"no problem princess." i thought that was the end of our conversation until luke added something on like he usually did. 

"oh, and tell big brother tyler i said hi! maybe even tell him that i got you wet!" he shouts, after rolling his window down. 

"suck a dick hemmings!" i shout, laughing slightly. 

i make my way to our apartment which was luckily only on the second floor and right around the corner. before i can even touch the knob, however, the door swings wildly open. 

"nice to finally see you. want to tell me where you've been puta?"