six ; sucker for love

"bella, i'm gonna fucking punch your face in if you don't get up."

"well, now that's a bit aggressive don't you think?" i mumble in a haze.

"wanna explain why there are pics of you and hemmings leaving the arena last night on my social media?"

i instantly shoot up from my bed and squint at tyler's phone, my eyes still adjusting to the light.

"please don't tell me he corrupted my baby sister. i specifically told him you're off limits yet he goes and-"

"hold up, hold up. off limits? since when have you controlled my dating life?" i knew about the previous encounters with boys, but i thought tyler stopped doing that. knowing that he continued to sabotage any chances of me getting with a guy made me want to scream. i didn't want to shout, but my tone implied otherwise.

"do not screech at me you pterodactyl! i'm just protecting you. luke hemmings is no good. trust me, i would know. i mean, me and calum are his best friends." the words left tyler's mouth before he could process them.

"oh, great. so you're telling me my brother and his friends are all douchebags." i turn my head away to imitate as if i was talking to a crowd. "would anyone like a douchebag, apparently, it's buy one get one free."

i turn my head and glare at tyler and then stuff my head below the pillow again.

"look, i already talked to luke about it and he's trying to get the pictures down because it's not good publicity in general, but you should be taking this more seriously. you don't need a relationship right now-"

"tyler," i roll from underneath the covers and look at him, "you can tell me what i do and don't need when you can make your own ramen. now shut up and let me go back to sleep."

tyler scoffs and leaves the room, obviously aggravated.

i begin to think about the recent news i had acquired. there are pictures of me and luke on the internet? who gives a shit. is luke hemmings someone famous? was i caught roaming the streets with harry styles? no, just some mediocre boxer who thinks he's better than everyone else.

-and not to mention tyler. who did he think he was? he definitely did not control my love life. it's not like i wanted to date luke anyways. i don't want to date him and he definitely would not want to date me either. i was not his type and vice versa.

my type was someone more... safe. not in the sense that luke would do anything to me, but rather that he was someone new. i had never been in a relationship with someone who fought for a living and slept around because it was his favorite pastime. then again, my only experience in a relationship was when i was fourteen. even then, i broke up with the guy in two weeks because he wanted to kiss me even though i definitely did not want to kiss him. probably not a good time to realize i wasn't into the guy i was dating. 

more importantly, luke would never want to be in a relationship with me. i had doubts that he had ever been in a relationship to begin with, kind of like me, except for different reasons. luke did not seem like the type of guy to bring a girl sunflowers and roses on a date, or bring tampons and chocolate to a girl when she's moody and on her period, and that was fine. some people are not meant to be in relationships.

me on the other hand, well i'm the complete opposite. i loved romantic comedies and dates and stealing sweet kisses. i was a sucker for love, and luke was just not. 

or so it seemed.