Chapter 6

After I get dressed and eat some toaster strudels for breakfast, I look for the others. The only person I've seen all morning, other than Jack is Mary,  who pointed out my breakfast in the cupboard. I lace up my boots to head outside and grab my favorite jacket, leather is a good windbreaker. Tucking a knife and folded umbrella into my pocket, I start my way up the intricate iron stairs when I hear a voice.
"May I come with you?" I look down into the library and Jack stands completely innocently looking up at me.
"sure, why not." I shrug and I have to keep myself from finishing the sentence, "the extra help would be nice."
I examine my nails in wait for him and start walking when I hear his footsteps clack up the stairs.
"so, going out to find Dean, Sam and Cas?" he asks and I nod, trying way too hard not to get lost in those gorgeous eyes.
Goddammit he said something again, but obviously I missed it. He's too pretty for his own good.
"sorry?"I ask and he directs me outside to a trail.
"over here." I follow Jack down the winding path into the canopy of trees, once in a while they break away to reveal patches of grey sky.
"I think it might rain." he says, his head tilted back toward the sky.
"I've got you covered." I say and pass him the umbrella I carried. He waits to open it until a couple light drops trickle from the sky and fall onto us.
"I've been wondering." he breaks the silence,
"what do you dream about that's so horrible you hurt yourself?" he stares at me, face contorted in concern and curiosity. I take a deep breath and inhale the smell of the fresh rain and damp leaves.
"well, I dream of the people I lost. The ones I couldn't save or help." my voice drops to a whisper and I try not to interrupt the beautiful silence of the woods around us.
"it used to happen to me too. Still does sometimes." Jack sighs and I notice the back of his hand gently brush mine. We continue down the path silently until a noise catches my attention. Deep grunting comes from somewhere down the hill and I hear sounds of fists hitting flesh. I shoot off trail and slide through the muddy underbrush. Dodging low-hanging branches and jumping over fallen trees, I skid into a clearing and find Dean and Cas each fighting fanged Men with bright yellow-green eyes. My attention flicks over to Sam lying bloody on the ground. A weird old guy aims a knife, ready to plunge into his chest and I immediately react.
"Hey! Douchebag." He turns toward me and Jack suddenly appears behind me, his right hand extends, fingers spread wide. Strange waves of golden light seem to slow him down and I hear Dean's voice.
"Viv!  Got your gun?"
"no,  you've got it idiot." I reply as the man falls from Jacks time warp. As if on instinct, I lose control over myself. It's okay,  I think that my brain has just been awakened. I snap and the man running toward us explodes, bloodied bits of his body flying everywhere. I hear gunshots ring out and fall limp. Jack pulls me up, wrapping my one arm over his shoulder and I turn my head to see Dean with gun, blazing and the man Cas had been fighting lies Dead at his feet. Sam coughs and gasps, Dean rushing to his side. I take a deep breath and stretch, my arms and legs regaining strength. Jack let's me go and I rush to Sam's side.
"Fuck." I mutter and examine the large gash in his cheek
"dude? How the hell did that even happen?" Dean asks, stumbling over.
Wincing, Sam keeps a monotone voice,  as if in shock
"she exploded him Dean"
Cas approaches, shaking his head in disdain.
"Viv is dangerous" Cas says. God this guy sure likes to speak his mind.
"I-I'm sorry." I whisper and press my hand to Sam's wound. It instantly heals and I feel Jack pull me to my feet and I steady myself.
Dean and Cas make eye contact and I can see the fear in Cas's eyes. Dean looks over at Sam and pulls him up. Silently they all turn to head up to the bunker and I follow.
Everyone manages to stay remotely quiet as we spend the next hour showering and cleaning ourselves of the man's blood after the battle.
I sit at the long wooden table in the study and examine the Winchester's array of knives, spread out for cleaning
Suddenly something strikes me across the back of the head and I fall forward into the table.