Chapter 34

When i wake up, Jack's arm is curled around my waist and he's softly breathing, sound asleep. I cant bring myself to leave him in bed all alone so I stay still, listening to his soft heartbeat. Suddenly I feel a sneeze coming on and try to hold it back as my head jerks forward, startling Jack awake. He sits up straight, slamming his head into the back of mine and immediately, he clutches his nose as blood drips from it.  Instinctively, i press my hand to the bridge of his nose and heal it, Jack muttering under his breath ,
"god, I'm so sorry." I shake my head and stare into the sheets.
"i could have done it myself" he scowls and rushes out of my room, leaving me all alone again. Slowly, I get dressed and ready for the day and saunter out into the bunker. Sam is drinking a smoothie at one end of the table while Dean sips coffee, his hand locked with Cas's on the table. Their brand new rings shimmer in the early morning light and i yawn.
"you're up late" sam comments taking a slurp of his fruit concoction,
"well i for one am surprised that Dean and Cas are already up." i fake innocence for a moment before sliding into the seat beside Sam,
"...putting into consideration all the celebrating you two did last night".
Sam guffaws and high fives me while cas blushes bright red. And Dean? well, if looks could kill I'd sure be long past dead.
We all sit in silence before Sam gets up and leaves, Dean and Cas whispering some sweet nothings or whatnot into each others ears while i wait for someone to speak.
Sam re-enters the room with his laptop in hand and clears his throat, catching all of our attention.
"due to last nights...Development, I think maybe, we should start Wedding Planning?" Dean and Cas exchange a glance before they both break out into huge smiles and Sam nods his head,
"first thing Sammy." Deans gravelly morning voice booms.
"we don't want anything too big. Just some family to come somewhere local. No Honeymoon."
As they begin to discuss arrangements, I excuse myself.
"Have any of you seen Jack?" sam doesnt bother looking up from his laptop as he replies,
"went for a walk."
I nod and skip up the stairs, heading outside to the trail I know Jack likes best. Quietly i walk along it, prepared to find him sitting and contemplating something underneath the canopy of trees shielding the winding trails from the grey light sky. I've been walking about an hour when I hear footsteps in the bushes beside me. I've walked around 6 kilometers away from the bunker by now and the wardings don't make it here. Slipping a typical silver-dipped-in-lambs-blood hunters knife out of my leather boot where it hid, i burst through the shrubbery to find a woman with her back to me, holding Jack in a heated embrace, her lips to his. He doesn't seem to be struggling at all and passionately kisses her back, completely unaware of me being there. The knife slips out of my hand as I drag myself away from the two before they start making out right in front of me. I take few steps away before i hear a thud and ignore it, headed back for the bunker. I teleport to the hill where the wardings start and walk 15 minutes until I'm back inside. I silently pass Dean and Sam who are talking about something so serious they don't notice me go by. I slip into my room and collapse onto the floor, staring blankly at the ceiling for what feels like forever. I don't move till there's a knock at the door and i check mt clock to see its already 4pm. Shocking because I recall lying down around 11:30. Standing up, I crack open the door to find a worried Castiel.
"Have you seen Jack?" he asks me and i raise an eyebrow,
"this morning." i mutter and Cas gestures toward the main hall. I quietly follow him and find Sam ans Dean polishing some guns.
"So, wheres Jack?" Dean barks and i swallow before whispering out what I saw.
"He was what? Kissing some skank in the woods? Where?" i teleport us to right where i recall dropping my knife and the brothers and Cas burst through the bushes to find the woman from before holding a jar below Jack's wrist. Blood is dripping out into the jar and its already half full, making me wonder how long ago she had started. Jack is muttering in his sleep as Dean shoots the woman, provoking no reaction as she continues to walk toward us.
"Dean. Its a djinn!" Cas's voice cascades from behind me as i leap forward and straddle the djinn, plunging my knife into her throat. I would never admit aloud how good it felt to watch her die. Before the adults can process what's going on, i rush over and heal Jacks wound so he doesn't bleed anymore. We make our way back to the bunker, Dean carrying Jacks unconscious figure. He continues to mutter but we cant tell what he's saying. In the Study, Dean places Jack on a table and goes to put away his weapons. I also start to leave to clean the djinn blood off my knife when one clear phrase escapes Jack's lips.
" Vivianne I need y-" its cut off as he goes back to his limp state and continues to dream. There's no real way to help Jack until he wakes himself up is what the Winchesters told me but I try anyway, cupping his face in my hands and focusing all my strength into healing him. I feel my veins heat up and keep my eyes shut tight before I hear a gasp for air and peek, Jack's face is red as he tries to fill his own lings with oxygen again.
"Viv," he mutters and takes my hand in his before he drifts off to sleep again. I go to put away my knife and when i return, Jack is wrapped in a blanket, sipping a glass of milk while Castiel rubs circles on his back with his palm.
"Viv." Jack's eyes widen and Cas gets up,
"ill leave you two alone" he mutters and slips out into the hall of bedrooms.