Chapter 10

A few days pass and Dean takes Jack into town for some groceries or something. I wander the halls of the bunker with nothing to do. Should've gone with them. I come across Dean's room and my curiosity sparks. Maybe I can find out something about him and Castiel. I gently swing open the door and creep inside. It's a fairly plain room and there are no pictures to be seen. Tiptoeing, I head to the first bed-side table and pull open a drawer. Various receipts litter the small wooden space and I rummage through all the crap until I find a little yellowed piece of paper. It has been crumpled, but neat handwriting is scrawled across it reading,
"Mary and Dean Winchester, 1982"
I flip it over to reveal a washed out photo of a toddler in Mary's arms.
"aww"
I sigh to myself and tuck it back away. No evidence of Cas. Checking that I restored the room back to normal, I sneak back out, shutting off the light.
Some grumbling voices come from the main hall of the bunker and I head down towards them.
Sam sits, clicking away on the old dented laptop he always keeps with him. Cas is sipping a beer across the table from him.
"hey guys"
I sit down beside Sam in one of the many wheeled leather office chairs.
"hello Vivianne."
Castiel puts his beer down and Sam looks up.
"can I have a beer?" I ask and the Two men exchange a look before Sam shrugs.
"why not?"
I grab a cold bottle and take a gulp of the familiar drink. Swallowing I put it back down on the table.
"so, I have some questions for you two." I see Cas's head shoots up and Sam turns toward me.
"sure. Ask away."
I raise an eyebrow at his sudden welcome.
"okay. First, Castiel"
I start and a look of concern crosses his face.
"are you and Dean like, a thing?"
He looks confused so I elaborate.
"as in, dating."
Sam chuckles and Cas shoots a look at him before gulping down some beer and turning to answer me.
"we share a profound bond, but it is not one of romantic or sexual interest." he genuinely replies and Sam mutters under his breath,
"yet." a smirk is plastered across his face as Cas turns completely red.
Just at that moment, the upstairs door can be heard swinging open and Dean and Jack come sweeping down the stairs, grocery bags in hand.
"well hello everybody."
Dean dramatically slides into the room and Jack timidly follows.
As they put away their shopping I continue my beer and Dean catches me.
"hey, hey, hey. Where did you get that?" he points to the bottle in my hand. I shrug,
" Sam let me. Dean, I'm 19. Almost 20. I've drank beer a million times before." he sighs, grabbing his own bottle.
"if you can't beat em' join em" he grunts, leaning down into a chair between Cas and I.
"I got you something!" Jack pops up behind me and I jump, my hand immediately shooting to the gun at my side.
"sorry what?"
He hides his hands behind his back, and with a flourish, produces a box of s'mores-flavored pop tarts.
"thanks" I take it from him and we awkwardly stand across from each other, staring into one another eyes. I break the stare and pat him on the shoulder, slumping back down into my chair.
"so get this-"
Sam is about to tell us something when Dean's cell phone rings loudly. He raises an eyebrow at the caller ID before putting it on speaker and placing it onto the table.
"hello?" he asks and the mumbling on the other end of the phone becomes clearer.
"Hey Boys!"
An enthusiastic woman chirps into the phone.
"Charlie? What's up?" Sam breaks into a grin and leans toward the phone.
"well I gotta ask you guys a favor."
All four of the men look around at each other in confusion.
"yeah." Dean finally replies
"so, Rowena and I were on our roadtrip, but things got a little messy."
Cas immediately becomes concerned
"what is she taking about Dean?" he asks, and Dean intensely stares at his phone,
"What happened?" he asks and the woman's voice floods back out.
"we think that some of Lucifer's old minions are tracking us. We need to get back to the bunker. Lay low for a while."
Dean and Sam nod.
"Rowena was gonna use a spell to bring us there, but the ingredients are too difficult to get in a pinch."
Now Cas is exchanging a serious look with Dean. Jack and I remain confused and frankly, a bit flustered.
"I can transport them here."
Cas says and before any of us can object he is talking to Charlie.
"where are you two?"
She speaks,
"we'll loose them for a couple hours in the city, you can pick us up in San Francisco."
She reads out a complicated Address and Cas seems to memorize it all before nodding. They agree on a time and Charlie exclaims,
"Bye Bitches." as she hangs up.
Finally I spit out the question that's been in the tip of my tongue for the past three minutes.
"What's going on?"
They all stare at me before Dean clears his throat and begins,
"well, you see. Charlie was our dear friend. She was killed by this son if a bitch who we got later, but we never got her back. "
I nod, despite having no clue what the hell is going on.
"when we went to the Apocalypse world, we met the version of her from there. She came home and went roadtripping through the southwest with our other friend. Now she needs our help." he finally finishes, with a look as if I should understand everything now.
"Umm. Okay, who's Rowena?"
I look around as a lightbulb pops up above all of the men's heads,
"you know, we probably should've explained that to her first."
Sam laughs and Cas's face softens.
"or we could've told Rowena about Viv." he says and the Dean and Sam are laughing.
Jack shakes his head and laughs along.
"what?" I look between then totally confused by their humor.
"Viv." Cas says, extending his hands across the table.
"Rowena is your Grandmother."