Chapter 39

I recall Jack's story and then my own to Mae, who listens patiently and only asks a couple questions.
"so, Jack is a Nephilim, Lucifer was real but so is god, the apocalypse happened, Witches, Demons, Vampires, Djinn, Werewolves, shape shifters and anything you can basically name are real and you are..." she pauses in thought,
"the half-demon daughter to the deceased king of hell". I nod and she grins, her expression reading overwhelmed.
"oh, also..." i start and she nods, intrigued.
"Castiel is an angel of the Lord who is engaged to Dean Winchester." she shakes her head in surprise,
"out of everything unbelievable I've learned, the most shocking is that Dean is gay!" she exclaims and i correct Mae,
"no Dean is Bisexual." she nods.
"I'm Bi too!!" Mae nods excitedly and I relate,
"I'm pansexual." she smiles at me and suddenly, large booming voices come from outside in the main hall. The words are muffled but Mae springs out of bed, barely keeping balance as i support her in our walk toward the door. We press our ears to the door and listen in to what is now distinguished as Dean yelling.
"she cant go anywhere else now can she?!"
He's angry and its pretty damn clear, even without being able to see him.
" Dean we aren't running some kind of Orphanage for mistreated misfits! What's so wrong with sending her off to stay with Jody, Claire and Alex? Alex would be able to firsthand relate to her story, she'd fit in just fine!!" Sam finishes and there's a pause before Dean retaliates.
" Maeve is injured Sam, Alex, Claire and Jody are all way too busy to look after her. And maybe you don't see it but i see a whole lot of potential in keeping her here. We could create a cure and help her get back on her feet and she could help speed up our hunts like Jack and Viv have been. Which reminds me, what's so different about her compared to them?! You begged me to let both Vivianne and Jack stay here with us and suddenly you're trying to ship off the next troubled kid that comes through here? What the Hell Sam?" there's a pause and we wait for something else as Dean's voice drops to a normal talking volume.
"Come on Cas. Back me up."
I hadn't  known Castiel was even there until now but he replies making it clear he is biased.
" well, I don't see any harm in Maeve staying here but maybe you two should lower your voices." he stops and Sam finally concludes the argument.
"Fine. She can stay but if things don't change, we will send her over to Jody."
Prying our ears from the door, I help Mae limp back over to her bed and she curls back up under the nice clean sheets.
"well, I guess i'll see you tomorrow." I flick off one light and she smiles at me before turning onto her side and drifting off. I head back towards my own room and it settles in my mind,
Mae is like my new little mutant sister.