Chapter 32

When I wake up, Jack is still sound asleep. Standing, I climb out of the bed and slip into my room to get ready for the day. Just as I finish drying my hair, I hear a groan from Jacks room and immediately drop the necklace I had just gone to put on. Throwing the door open, I rush to his bed and Find Jack with a pillow thrown over his head. He continues groaning until I tap his left shoulder, prompting him to show his face.
"what's wrong" I ask him quizzically and Jacks face scrunches up.
"My everything hurts. I feel heavy."
I stifle a laugh and Jack glares at me in contempt.
"dude, you're just hung over. You had three beers yesterday. It's to be expected."
Returning the pillow to his face, jack mutters something again.
"what?" I ask him, hands on my hips.
"I had six." he mumbles and I let out my laugh this time.
"Six?! Woah. Did you become mini-dean while I was gone or something?"
Before he can return to complaining under a pillow, I guide Jack out of his room.
"come on. I'll give you a remedy I use." holding his hand I pull a groggy, bed-headed Jack through the bunker.

Half an hour later, we're sitting in the bunker kitchen while Jack drinks orange juice and takes an ibuprofen. I mix some sugar into my coffee when Dean and Cas stumble into the kitchen. Dean is dressed in a ratty, off-purple robe and Cas wears a pair of sweats and a Foreigner shirt I assume is Dean's their hands are interlocking. I throw a hand to Jack in excitement of seeing the two be affectionate, but he just looks up oblivious. My hand remains clutching his forearm as Dean and Cas remain completely oblivious to us and head for the fridge. Cas pours himself coffee while Dean pulls some pie from the fridge. He sneaks up behind Cas and loops his arms around his waist, tucking his head into the crook of Cas's neck. I look over at Jack and suddenly notice that he's disappeared, despite the feeling of my hand still holding an arm. Then I realize I can't even see my own arm anymore and I jump, letting go of Jack. Just as I gasp, jack comes back into sight and Dean yelps at the two of us.
"when did you get there?!" he yells and let's go of Cas for a brief moment.
"we've been here all along." Jack comments nonchalantly to no-one in particular.
"wait. I think I made us invisible" I widen my eyes and Dean snorts.
"yeah sure," he rolls his eyes in disbelief and Cas's head snaps over to look at him.
"what's so surprising? I can go invisible Dean. " he smirks and whispers something to Dean, whose face immediately turns crimson red in a blush. Regaining his composure, dean clears his throat.
"okay, well do it again." he crosses his arms and smirks but the look is wiped off his face when I blink and disappear. Well, not that I can tell that I'm invisible, but these things tend to be controllable enough that I can do them on command. You know, like combustion of werewolves that try to kill the Winchesters.
"believe me now?" I appear back in sight and Dean nods his head slowly before grabbing his pie and sitting with Cas across from us. A few minutes pass while pajama-clad Jack excuses himself to shower and attempt to pass over his hangover and Cas leaves to get dressed. This leaves me alone at the table with Dean who has just finished his pie.
"hey, I need a huge favor. Tonight is a big deal for Cas so Sam and I are preparing a Dinner. This means I'll need Jack to help, but can you try to distract Cas for the afternoon? I want it to be a surprise." his eyes twinkle and I can't bring myself to say no.
"okay. What should I do?" I ask and Dean looks deep in thought for a moment before suggesting we go into town
So, that's where we are now. The stores line a small street and Cas and I look into the windows of various children's toy shops. I spot a record shop and make Cas come inside with me. We browse the collections for almost an hour before I buy a single Record and we head back out into town. Rain begins to drip down and The people begin to disappear into shops. As we swing into the nearest store I realize it's a candy shop. Cas picks up a rainbow twirled lollipop and spins it in-between his fingertips deep in thought.
"did you know I had an older brother named Gabriel? " he mumbles and I barely pick up the words.
"no. Was he an angel too?" I stupidly ask and Cas nods,
"an archangel. He really liked candy."
I smile as Cas goes to the cashier with the lollipop.
"just this for you today sir? " the woman working there looks maybe, 70 and she clicks her long colorful fingernails against the cash registers buttons when Castiel nods.
"okay, that's 2 dollars and 75 cents."
Her voice is soft and I'm so busy thinking of how she reminds me of someone so I don't notice Cas pulling almost twenty dollars of change from his pockets.
"oh,  here." I quickly Hand her three dollars and Cas smiles gratefully, pocketing his jingling change. Receiving my change, we're about to leave when the lady smiles at Cas and slides in a comment,
"your daughter is so sweet.".
As soon as we step out of the store I burst out laughing.
"what is it Viv?"
Cas looks stern and i hold back some of the laughter.
"she thought i was your daughter that's all." i brush it off and as we begin to walk again, Cas's deep voice breaks through the sound of pattering rain. I pretend not to be drenched.
"i have a daughter." i immediately freeze in place. But he's gay?
"well, not me. This form i take, its called a vessel. Before it became solely me in here, the mans name was Jimmy Novak. He had a daughter named claire. She lives with jody,one of Sam and Dean's friends now. Shes a hunter too." he smiles to himself as we walk into a small cafe. I order some coffee and Cas awkwardly sips at a hot chocolate. Its almost 5:30 when i get a text from dean calling us back.
As we enter the bunker again, Dean greets us,asking Cas and I to change into something nice and then relax for a while. Im walking to my room when i hear him scold Cas,
"and under no circumstances, should you go to the kitchen ." cas nods and I slip down the hall to my room.
Changing into a nice Black dress with bell sleeves, I slip on my cleanest boots and hang rowena's necklace daintily around my neck. Quietly i sneak toward  the kitchen but sam slips out calling into the room as he leaves,
"getting changed. Ill make sure Cas is still in his room."
I immediately flinch and until Sam walks by where i stand without noticing me, i hardly realize im invisible. Sneaking into the Kitchen, Dean is pacing in circles around the table and Jack is all pretty in the dress shirt and pants he wore to dinner with Rowena and Charlie way back when. I slip around the island and press a light kiss to the side of Jacks neck.
"Viv?" he whispers without looking up from the chocolatey dessert he's been icing. I wrap my arms around his ribs, hugging him tight while i continue to press kisses along the side of his neck. His face is turning red and if Dean weren't so stupidly oblivious, he would have commented on it by now.
"what are you doing?" he softly whispers and Dean stops his pacing.
"what'd you say?"
Jack blushes awkwardly.
"nothing.". Excusing himself, he leaves the  Kitchen to head to the study. I invisibly follow to find the dinner table set very romantically. Well, winchester romantic i suppose. There's a flannel table cloth and actual ceramic plates, which is strange because we usually eat from paper packages. Dean doesn't like to do the dishes. The cutlery is stainless i notice, kudos to them for sparing me the pain. Jack suddenly calls into thin air.
"Okay, Viv where are you?"
That's when i make myself visible.
"right here." i say from behind him and Jack jumps before turning to face me. Looking me up and down his mouth gapes open, searching for words.
"you look, well-perfect." he stutters before kissing my lips gently.
"now, i better help dean dish up dinner. No more funny business." he winks and heads back to the kitchen, leaving me calling after him.
"cant make any promises!"