Chapter 18

Things had been pretty quiet since we caught Cas and Dean together, so Sam found a case for us to work. I had just learned what that meant, when he explained that we were going to a small town to investigate what appeared to be a vampire nest. Cas, Bobby, Charlie, Mary and Rowena would stay behind and watch the bunker while the rest of us went to work. I threw enough clothes for a couple days into my black backpack and piled into the backseat of the impala nest to Jack. Dean slid into the drivers seat and Sam sat shotgun, as was apparently usual. We drove for a few hours and stopped at a diner for lunch before we arrived in a worn little town around 1:45. Dean pulled into the parking lot of a motel on the roadside. I had seen thousands of motel rooms but never shared one with anyone other than my mother, this was a weird experience. The four of us all grabbed our bags and checked in. The room had two beds so I took the couch, sleeping bags are always helpful. We settled in and Sam painted strange symbols all over the walls of the motel, but I didn't bother asking questions. An hour passes and both Dean and Sam change into suits.
"Guys?", they both turn to face me and Jack's head pops out around the bathroom door.
"What's with the formal ware?"
Dean pulls a badge from the inner pocket of his black suit.
"We're FBI agents." he flashes a badge and Sam rolls his eyes.
"we use these fake badges to investigate because they let us pass through to crime scenes. Right now, we're gonna go interview the wife of one man who disappeared around the area where the nest might be. You and Jack stay here until we get back. If we don't come in two hours, lock the door and don't Open it. If it's Cas he can just teleport here. Okay?" he raises his eyebrows and awaits my reply.
"jeez, okay. Don't need to sound like a mother bird." I sass and Sam smiles at me before turning toward the door to leave. Dean grumbles something along the lines of,
"right. Leaving two magical teenagers alone right next to a nest of Vampires. What could possibly go wrong?".
The door shuts and I Bolt it shut behind them, closing the chain as well. I hear the tap turn off and Jack steps out of the bathroom,
"they left?" he asks and I nod,
"we have two hours to ourselves."
He smiles and struts over, slumping into the soft couch next to me. I turn to  face him and see the twinkle in his honey golden eyes.
"so, what do you wanna do ?"