Chapter 35

I cross my hands across the table top. "Let's get this straight. Around 8 hours ago I caught you kissing a complete stranger in the woods. Then it turned out she was a djinn who wanted to drain your blood and kill you. Then I woke you up.  Which still doesn't answer one question... Why were you kissing a stranger in the woods Jack?"
My demeanor is calm but inside my blood is boiling. He pauses and a tear slips out as he says it.
"i don't know why i did it. Something seemed to make me feel off. I didn't know what was really going on." he pauses and swallows,
"it was a mistake you know. I'm so sorry. Viv, you're the one i love."
His voice breaks.
"she entranced me or something because all i saw of her face until she stopped kissing me, was you."
He looks forlorn at the floor and i shake my head.
"you know what Jack. I don't give a fuck. Right now we need to work on Dean and Cas's wedding and i can't put up with you cheating on me and begging for forgiveness. Not Right Now." i sigh and Jack's eyes glisten with tears. As i leave the room his voice stops me, and i don't bother turning around to hear his excuses.
"well i guess ill have to keep trying then, because even if you're pre-occupied, im not going to stop apologizing until you accept the fact that I thought the djinn was you and ill forever be sorry. I'm in love with you and only you Viv."
I freeze for a moment before briskly heading out to my room. As i head down the hallway, Sam stops me.
"Have you seen Dean?" he's holding a phone in his hand.
"no. Not since we came home" i sigh and he nods.
"okay, we have a case."
I nod, rushing to my room to get ready. When i return to the hall, Dean is polishing his guns while Sam's phone is on speaker. Jack is in the same place he was before and cas is sitting beside Sam.
"okay, so tell everybody what you told me claire." Sam nods toward the phone as a young woman begins to speak.
"i was visiting this small town in south Nebraska after people started disappearing. This is my first Vamp nest and i didn't think it was a big deal until i found out three of the disappearing people were hunters. Jody didn't want me to go any further alone because when I caught one of the vampires, dead mans blood wouldn't affect him. I had to rip him to shreds before he actually died. They're mutants, and I need help."
I look up from the phone and see Deans packing his weapons.
"we're coming, don't go anywhere Claire." He throws the pack over his shoulder.
"look, Sam, Cas and I need to take care of this. You two stay here." he begins to leave, twirling the impalas key in his fingers but Cas stops him.
"Dean, I think maybe I should stay and look after Jack. He is still recovering. Take Viv instead." Dean looks at me and my leather bag slung over my collarbone, combat boots and gun holster.
"fine. Get in the car, we need to go." I nod at cas, mouthing a thanks as we make our way to the impala.
We've been driving for six hours and its half past 10 when Dean pulls into a shabby motel's parking lot. He reads off a post-it note and i follow him to room 102 while Sam checks into a new room for him and Dean. Knocking, he calls into the dimly lit room,
"Claire, it's Dean." the door opens, held half closed with a chain as a girl about my age points a gun at Dean's chest. Upon seeing him, she removes the chain and splashes Dean with Holy water. Our eyes briefly meet as she brings her gun back out.
"Who the hell is she." she raises an eyebrow and glares in my direction while dean wipes the water from his face.
"Vivianne MacLeod, she's with us. No holy water though" Claire looks me over before moving out of the doorway to let us in.
"hey." she smiles
"I'm Claire." I look into her bright blue eyes and it clicks, Castiel's daughter. I pause awkwardly,
"call me Viv." I reply and she bolts and chains the door shut behind her.
"so, Sam's getting us a room and we're gonna research tomorrow morning." Dean remains in the doorway.
"First of all, I already pinpointed where the nest is. We just need to gear up to kill these freaks. And Second, Viv is sharing a room with you two?"
Dean shrugs and I remark,
"I was gonna take the couch." but Claire gestures toward the empty second bed in her room.
"why don't you just stay here?"
Shrugging, Dean turns around and leaves and as I bolt the door shut again, Claire flicks through channels on the tv.
"so, how old are you?" She asks and i ditch my bag on the floor and climb onto the bed.
"20". She nods and replies
"21". Turning her head toward me she smirks,
"going to bed so early?"
I curl up on top of the sheets,
"yeah been a long day."
She turns back toward the TV and i fall asleep to the sound of a sitcom droning on with occasional bursts of forced laughter.