Chapter 29

"WOAH what the hell?" Jude's jaw drops at my new hair as I dish him up some home-made taters and bacon for a late breakfast.
"what. I think it's nice. Besides I thought maybe a new look should come along with a regeneration." Jude talks through a full mouth,
"yeah, fair enough."
Swallowing, he clears his throat.
"so today's it then huh."
I nod slowly.
"well, I'm coming with you this time"
He states and I jump.
"uh, no you're not. Don't you have a degree to earn. And I date to go on!  Stop bef-" he interrupts me swiftly.
"Woah Woah Woah. I'm just coming to drop you off. If the key doesn't work or something then we gotta get you back here anyway." I nod and we finish our food before I head downstairs to clean up the pull-out bed. Everything I own is what I'm wearing so I head back upstairs and stand in the kitchen, taking in my almost-home.
"Viv?" a soft voice intrudes my thoughts and I look over to the living room to see Ethelyn.
"yes?" I reply and she beckons me over, slowly rising from the couch.
"thank you for saving my boy." her eyes are hinted with sadness.
"thank you for taking care of me." smile and she pulls a little charm from her pocket. Carefully fastening it behind my neck, she replies.
"you are always welcome here." embracing me in a warm hug,  Ethelyn pats my shoulder before returning to her spot on the couch. I gently grasp the charm to find a small blue crystal, a charm of safety.
"ready to go?" I suddenly become aware of Jude standing right in the hall, just out of my peripheral vision.
"Yeah. " I follow him into the doorway and fasten my heeled shoes before he presses a small key into my hand and I wave to Ethelyn before shutting my eyes, picturing Jude and I infront of the bunker.
"Okay, What the FUCK." I open my eyes to find the two of us standing on a slope, the dense Kansas forest surrounding us.
"the bunker's warding must keep us a certain distance away. Come on, I know where we are." I push away some bushes and sure enough here we are,  the clearing where I saved Sam's ass and killed a dude. Laughing quietly to myself, I guide Jude onto the trail and we walk a solid 20 minutes before the bunker's cement doorway comes into sight.
"you'll text me right?" he asks again as we approach the door.
"yes. And I'll visit once  a year at the least." I raise my eyebrows and he nods. Actually viewing the key now I feel nervous. What if they don't think I'm real? What if something horrible happened to them? What if Jack is gone?
"hey. I can tell you're nervous. It's gonna be okay. " Jude grabs my left hand as I unlock the Heavy door and it makes some clanking noises before slowly opening. 
"Welcome to the Bat Cave."
Dean's first introduction races through my mind as Jude and I step in, shutting and bolting the door behind us. A faint light shines down the short tunnel to the balcony and I take a deep breath, leading Jude down to the hall. Quietly we step in and I manage to peek over the railing to find everyone at the table. Sam is completely invested in a shiny covered book and Dean is asleep, leaning on Castiel's shoulder. Jack is holding a beer in one hand but stares completely blankly off into space, unaware of his surroundings. Impulse takes over and I rush down the stairs, dragging Jude behind me. Cas is the first to notice us at the foot of the stairs and Sam pulls out a gun,  aiming right at us. Dean grunts, waking up and suddenly the brothers and Cas are all staring at us. Armed.
Jack slowly stands and turns, his face blank as Dean shouts.
"who the fuck are-"
He's cut off my Jacks sudden quiet voice.
"Viv?"