Chapter 49

It was finally the day, December 31st. The woods have been transformed and a couple of tents are behind the uneven row of trees enclosing the wedding clearing, and a white curtain has been strung up so we cant see any thing by the tents. Months of Work, Bobby and Mary shaving down logs gives us shiny, long pews to sit on. Some small tree trunks have been assembled into an arch, snow coating the pine needle carpet on the forest floor. I sit next to Mae in the front row, gently holding her up with my right arm. We sit on the edge, closest to the aisle, and I scan the crowd, naming the people I actually know. The front row consists of, Charlie, Rowena, Mae, myself, a middle-aged woman with a fearless exterior dressed in an almost casual suit and a dark straight-haired young lady in pale blue. sitting and smiling behind them are a blonde, cheery  woman in pale pink, who in a rushed introduction, Sam said was named Donna and a wavy dark haired lady in a yellow top and black dress slacks, apparently named Patience, ironically as she currently looks extremely bored and annoyed. Beside her is an uncomfortable looking man in a black suit. He spoke to Mary earlier in a thick british accent and I learned his name is Ketch, a friend of Marys who is seemingly apprehensive to be at the wedding. Slowly, people begin to come down the aisle. First Bobby, with a leather bound book in hand, followed by Sam, on the far left and Jack and Claire, on the far right. Beautiful acoustic music begins to play and i recognize it as an instrumental, slowed version of "Chasing Cars" . Suddenly, Dean emerges from the silvery glimmering curtains. He's stunning, hair combed to perfection and his black suit accented with a green tie and tiny shimmering golden cuff-links, suspiciously similar to some i have seen Sam use. Careful and joyful, Dean makes his way to the arch, standing further up from a beaming Sam, who hugs him before Dean stands at the front. Next Castiel emerges, in a crisp, Navy blue suit with his signature tie and a bouquet of dainty white flowers, not what I was expecting. A smile is seeping through his lips as he makes his way to the front, handing Claire the bouquet.
"Hello Everyone." Bobby begins in his gruff booming voice.
"I welcome you here today to celebrate the marriage of these two wonderful men." there's a loud whoop from the crowd i presume came from Charlie as Bobby continues.
"Now, the vows. I believe you have prepared your own?" the grooms nod and Bobby steps backward. Dean begins,
"As anyone whose ever met me would know, i'm not eloquent with words." he pauses and takes a deep breath.
"But i love your eyes, your dumb attempts at pretending to be human, your smile, how kind you are, how strong you are and how hot you are." Cas is blushing up a storm and a smirk is stretched across Claire's face.
" I" Dean pauses, as if remembering what he was going to say.
"I want to spend the rest of my life and onward with you. You are my one true love and I swear to chuck. No Son of a Bitch, is ever going to take that away from me."
He smiles and Cas clears his throat before reciting his clearly, well written and memorized vows.
"forgive me, my people skills are rusty, but Dean, When I raised you from hell, i knew that something had changed within me. And over those years and years of mutual pining and no matter how many times it took for the world to almost end, I believe that I have finally found my soulmate. And I am not gonna lose that. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my forever, with you Dean Winchester."
He pauses and little wrinkles form beside Dean's eyes as he Beams, joy radiating from the pair. Clearing his throat, lightly, Bobby interjects.
"Now,  Do you, Castiel Novak, take Dean Winchester to be your husband?" Cas nods, his blue eyes glossy.
"I do." Dean straightens his posture,
"Do you, Dean Winchester, take Castiel Novak to be your husband?" Bobby grins, Dean shouting his reply,
"Hell yeah!" chuckling, Bobby continues,
"now, the rings." Jack pulls two shining rings from his suit pocket and gently hands them to Dean and Castiel, who slip the simple silver bands onto one another's fingers.
"Well, I suppose this is it boys." Bobby looks a bit teary.
"by the power vested in me by nobody in particular, I now pronounce you, Husbands.
You may kiss the groom"
The crowd rejoices as Dean and Cas fall into one another's arms, sharing a gentle kiss and firmly holding one another because they've vowed it,
"Ill never let you go."