Chapter 19

We play cards for half an hour before I hear voices outside. Pulling the gun from my pocket, I hold the barrel to the door and look through the peephole. Nobody's there. Slowly I open the door and crane my neck out, looking both ways and around, to see a family carrying luggage to the room beside us. I sigh in relief as a little girl with brown pigtails bounces up and down,  waving at me.
"Hi there!" she chirps and her mother gives me an apologetic smile as she herds her three children into the motel room. I gently shut the door and lock it again when I feel someone behind me. A hand hits the door next to my head and I slowly turn to face Jack.
"Can I kiss you?" he asks sweetly.
"I don't know, Can you?" I smirk and he closes the minimal space between us, slamming my back into the door as  our tongues battle for dominance. I take control, pushing him onto one of the motel beds and we make out for a while before I separate from him.
"Jack" I say breathlessly.
"Viv" he states, grinning up at me.
"no, listen. We can't let Dean, Cas or Sam find out about this okay?"
He nods and I take his hand, leading him over to the couch. I turn on the cheap old motel TV and flick through channels, leaning my head on Jack's shoulder. He takes my left hand and softly rubs circles on my palm with his thumb.
"wait!" he suddenly exclaims.
"what?" I ask in alarm.
"star Wars is on. Can we watch it?" I nod and go back a few channels to the movie. His eyes sparkle like a little kid as lights dance across the screen. I don't know which film it is, I've never seen any in the series anyway, but if it makes him happy, I don't mind. At some point I'm the movie I end up laying across the couch, my feet up on an armrest and my head on Jack's lap. His hand softly combs through my hair and I realize I haven't watched a minute of the movie, I've been too busy watching him instead. A key sounds in the door and I shoot up, running toward to unbolt and unchain the heavy wooden door. Dean and Sam come in, bags of takeout in their arms and Jack grabs the food before I go through the necessary procedure of spraying them with holy water.
"he disappeared on the same stretch of highway that two others have in the past year. Sounds like a tiny nest, one or two " Dean mumbles through a mouthful.
"should be a quick and easy kill."
I nod and Jack grins over at me. I shoot him a look to tell him to stop being so obvious and his face falls solemn, but the smile's still in his eyes. I turn in for bed shortly after and watch Jack reading on the couch until my eyelids become too heavy to focus and they drift shut.