Chapter 11

I spend all day deciding exactly what to wear to meet my 'grandmother' nobody would tell me anything about her because Dean, Cas and Sam had already gone out to get "hunting supplies" as Jack told me. The two of us remained in the lonely bunker and around 4:00 I realized that no food had been prepared.
"Jack?" I knock on his bedroom door and he comes to the door. The breath gets knocked out of my lungs when the door swings open and Jack stands there, his chest bare, the only clothing he wears is his typical bleach-washed jeans.
"yes?" he cocks his head to the side and I try not to stare at his toned stomach.
"I'm gonna prepare some food."
I avoid eye-contact and turn away, briskly walking to the kitchen. An hour passes and I have two pies and a casserole in the oven. I'm making a caeser salad when Jack shuffles into the kitchen silently. I don't notice him until I feel someone's breath on my neck. Spinning around I whip out my knife and hold it to the figure looming behind me. Jack's eyes are wide with fear and I sigh, slipping the knife back into its cover in my pocket.
" you scared me."
I mutter, continuing to grate Parmesan cheese onto the green leaves.
"sorry." he apologizes standing next to me. I look around at the meal I've prepared. Salad for Sam, Cherry Pie for Dean (I heard from Sam that it happens to be his favorite), Casserole as the main dish.
"hey Jack, what food does Cas like?"
He stares into space, deep in thought for a moment before his face lights up.
"Honey!" he exclaims. And I sigh, Honey? I slide the recipe book I've been using,
"peanut butter cookies, almond crisps, Carmen's Caper, oatmeal coconut balls, pork roast." I read the recipes to myself. This was my other grandmother's cookbook, she had everything so there has to be something.
"ah-ha!" I exclaim and flip open the page titled,
Honey Cake
Jack leans over my shoulder as I scan the recipe. Putting aside the ingredients, he asks to help out so we begin. When it comes to mixing the dry ingredients, he pulls out a mixer.
"wait-" I start, but he turns on the mixer and Flour and sugar is flying everywhere. Both of us are as white as ghosts and I laugh, grabbing a measuring cup.
"let's redo that."
The first mixture stays on the counter as we make a fresh mixture. The batter pours into a pan and I slide it into the oven, taking out the pie. As I check if it's cooked I leave it wrapped in tinfoil to stay warm. As I spin around I see white powder come flying right at my face. Jack laughs loudly as he throws handfuls of the flour at my face. I grab the bag and suddenly both of us look like ghosts. We are laughing so hard as we set down the flour that we don't notice people shuffling into the kitchen.
"what the-" Dean starts and we turn to see him and Sam filling the doorway, mouths agape. Jack and I keel over in laughter at their expressions and I wipe the tears from my eyes.
"we're baking!" I chirp through my laughter and Jack starts giggling all over again.
"I can see that." Dean tries way too hard to conceal his smile and Sam chuckles at the sight of us flour caked teens.
"okay, go clean yourselves up." Sam shakes his head in laughter and Jack and I push the men back out of the kitchen.
"no peeking." I scold them and Dean raises his arms,
"okay okay. I assume dinner is ready by that smell though."
Sam makes a big show of licking his lips and we laugh, heading back over to the bunk rooms. I quickly shower, somehow it's only 6:45. Cas and the ladies won't arrive until 7:30 at the earliest. As I pull on dress pants and a nice burgundy t-shirt, I realize how informal I look. Pulling my leather jacket out I make a point to wear a gorgeous black and red rose necklace my mother gave me for my seventeenth birthday. I undo my long black hair and brush it into slightly less of a mess Than usual, hopefully my outfit will compensate for the bush on my head.