Chapter 47

Its been Two days since the procedure started and at five am, Sam comes slamming his fists against my door.
"Viv!Vivianne! Get up." he's yelling until his voice is coarse and I rush to the door to find Sam with his tired, bloodshot eyes spilling tears to coat the dried trails across his face.
"Sam?" i yawn and he grabs my upper arm.
"It's Mae.".
I shoot after him and we run to Mae's room where she's gone. A small envelope on her pillowcase is all that remains of her.
"Sam. Go wake the others. We'll spread out and find her after I read this note." He nods and I tear open the letter to find neatly scrawled writing.

Dear Vivianne, Jack, Dean, Castiel, Rowena and Sam,

Thank you so much. The last month has been one of the happiest I've had in a long time. But during the procedure I noticed something. It hurts. My heart. And no, this isn't some cheesy point about love. It physically hurts. I know I have little to no time left. I didn't want you to had to have disposed of my body so I've taken myself away. I hope you can forgive me. Jack, thanks for being so kind. Dean and Castiel, I hope your wedding is beautiful and your love is prosperous, (or something like that). Sam, thank you for trying to help. I don't blame you, so don't beat yourself up over it. I didn't want you to have to see me die. And finally Viv, thanks for being such a welcoming figure in my life. I'll miss you the most, (don't tell Dean).
Wishing you all the best,

Maeve Jackson.

Tears slip down my face as I crumple the fragile letter paper in my fists. What if this is all we have of Mae again? I promised myself not to get too attached and here I am, bawling my eyes out over what's practically the suicide note of a fifteen year old I've known for a month. No matter how dumb it seems, one thing becomes immensely clear to me.
We need to find her.