Chapter 30

My eyes meet Jacks as he slowly awakens and suddenly The weapons have been lowered.
"no way. That's not." Dean is muttering to himself as Sam rushes over to a rack and proceeds to grab some borax. I extend my arm and gesture for Jude to do the same as Sam plus it onto my skin, provoking no reaction. Grabbing Holy water, he splashes Jude and them me but it sizzles as I wipe it away.
"oh. I'm so sorry I forgot about that." Sam stammers before he wraps me in a hug. Cas and Dean follow to do the same and Dean raises an eyebrow suspiciously at Jude.
"so uh. How are you alive?" he asks and I rush through an explanation, introducing Jude along the way. Only then, do I notice Jack hasn't said a thing the entire time.
I make eye contact with him and he takes a step forward into the proper light, revealing his tear-stained cheeks.
"I thought you were gone." he whispers and slams into me, his arms flying around me as I'm met with the familiar scent. I hug him back and lean into his chest taking in my surroundings. I'm back at last.
As soon as we separate, Jack presses a hand to my cheek and in front of everyone, he passionately kisses me, pulling me closer by my waist.
"god I missed you." He whispers again and then I remember the Winchesters and Cas and Jude. Slowly turning we face Dean and Cas whose jaws have dropped and Jude and Sam who both smirk knowingly.
"so, uh, who's up for some lunch?" Jude awkwardly shrugs as we all gather around the table again. The afternoon passes with Jude explaining our past and how we got here and Dean asking me to demonstrate my refreshed powers. Evening falls and I find myself having to take Jude home. Dean turns off the wardings as Jude and I head outside. Suddenly the wind stops as we stand on his front yard, the sunset disappearing behind the suburban homes.
"okay,  well I guess this is goodbye for now." he swallows and we hug.
"yeah. Goodbye" I smile in his embrace before his warmth fades and I find myself back outside the bunker, my arms stretched around a nonexistent being.
"come on." Jack softly grabs my hand and bolts the bunker shut as we head down to the table which has been arranged with a welcome back take out meal I didn't even recall Dean picking up.
"well an angel boyfriend's gotta count for something." he pats Cas on the back and I furrow my brow,
"uh, how long ago did I die?" I sit in the desk chair next to Jack and across from Dean as Jack seriously states.
"1460 hours and 34 minutes."
"also known as 2 months." Sam sits down, passing us all plates so we can eat.
"oh." I shake my head.
"I only got re-incarnated 3 days ago" I mumble as Jack slides his chair next to me. We finish eating in silence.
As we all settle in the study on various couches, Jack sinks into the cushion next to me on the love seat. He loops his fingers in between mine and sips a beer from his free hand. Dean clears his throat and Sam's head shoots up from a book he was reading in the corner.
"so. How long has this-" he gestures toward Jack and I
"been going on." we look at one another and I shrug.
"since a couple weeks after I arrived." I admit and Sam smiles warmly.
"okay, but uh. Don't be too loud at night. I gotta get my beauty sleep. " Dean smirks and Jack tilts his head in confusion.
"yeah yeah. Touche" I look between him and Cas and Sam chortles loudly. Dean mutters something under his breath as Cas turns around completely serious.
"Dean can they hear us?" he asks and Dean's face turns bright red.
"hey. Sam pass me a beer!" I raise a hand as he reaches into the case beside him and tosses me one.
About 30 minutes goes by as I Finish my beer and get updated on the comings and goings of the bunker.
Dean and Cas both retire for bed and Sam leaves to go inform Mary, Bobby, Charlie and Rowena about my return.
"so. Jack. I missed you." I say as he stands to throw out his two empty beer bottles.
"really? Me too." his voice is a tiny bit slurred and I realize he might be drunk. Can Nephilim even get drunk?
I stand to join him and wrap my arms around his neck.
"yeah I missed this" I say and he pauses confused,
"missed wh-" before he can finish his sentence I cut him off with a kiss