Chapter 13

"i-i"
I stutter but no words will form in my mouth.
suddenly I realise my knuckles have turned white and I'm squeezing the circulation out of Rowena's hand.
"oh my god. I'm so sorry."
She snickers,
"that's alright."
Sam clears his throat and we all turn to look at him as he says,
"Viv, why don't you tell Rowena the last name you've been using."
It comes out a whisper,
"Macleod."
She raises an eyebrow.
"this is Viv Macleod, Crowley's daughter." Dean gestures toward me.
"and Viv, this is your grandmother Rowena." Rowena's jaw drops and we stare at one another for a couple minutes until Mary interrupts us.
"This is amazing casserole!" she exclaims and we all start laughing.
"Viv did all the cooking." Jack speaks up and I notice the absence of warmth, he has let go of my hidden hand.
"Jack made dessert." I say, averting everyone's glances to him.
"it better be good,  considering the mess you made." Dean chuckles and explains our story to Charlie, Mary, Cas and Rowena. The adults all laugh and we resume the casual conversation while we finish eating.
"Care for any salad Dean?"
Cas passes him the salad, noticing his empty bowl.
"bah, I don't eat rabbit food."
Dean grunts and Cas shrugs, putting the bowl back.
"well, I do."
Sam says, finishing his, third-maybe- bowl of salad.
I finish before the others and start collecting dishes to take to the kitchen.
While I place them on the counter, jack comes in, and I feel his warm breath on my neck.
"hey," I spin around and my back presses against the cold counter.
"you didn't hold a weapon to me this time." he notices, his lips curling into a smile. His callused hands are next to mine, gripping the edge of the counter
"darling, I'm a weapon." I smirk and suddenly become aware of the heat between us. Hearty laughter comes from down the hall, bringing us back to reality.
I clear my throat and we separate, busying ourselves with readying dessert.
I lean over his shoulder and whisper into his right ear.
"we'll pick this up later."
He blushes as I carry the pies out to the table.
"is that-" Sam starts but Dean interrupts him,
"Pie!!".
I place the cherry pie in front of Dean and the other at the tables halfway-point. Jack follows with the wrapped up round dish.
"what's this?"
Charlie asks as I unwrap the golden cake.
"well, Jack told me that Castiel likes Honey, so I made him a treat."
I say as I take a large knife and swipe it through the soft dessert. I gently dish up a piece and hand it to Cas with a shiny little fork. Everyone takes their share of desserts and I sit down, ready to take my own slice of Pie.
"this is wonderful!" Cas mumbles through a mouthful of cake. Everyone laughs and I think to myself, this is the best family I've ever been a part of. Once they finish the adults talk over various types of alcohol for a while. They leave the table and take places around the main hall. I sit in a lounge chair and Rowena approaches, taking a chair to sit across from me.
Awkward silence fills the air around us.
"I've been meaning to ask. How do you look so young? I mean- how old are you?" she chuckles and crosses one leg over the other.
"well, you see darling. I'm very, very old. Some might even say I'm in my early thousands." I nod, this makes absolutely no sense.
"I need some beauty products. You know, magic." she waves her hands as if conducting a spell.
"so, what was my dad like?"
I ask and her face becomes serious.
"my son died a long time ago. His name was Fergus. Your father is Crowley,  a demon that took the form of Fergus. Yet, he was still my son. "
I realize my dad was a demon, but thousands of years old? This is shaping up to be a much more complicated family tree than I had anticipated.
" my mother just hooked up with him and in some strange aligning of the fates, she didn't abort me."
Rowena places a hand on mine,
"Fergus had a son too. He was born a long time ago as well. Died way back when too. I'm glad that I really got to meet you." I smile, my only living relative is a thousand year old witch. I suppose that makes me special. She gets up to join Charlie and I wander into the right wing of the study. Jack is reading a book, the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.
"hey." I stand in front of him.
"hello." his eyes don't separate from the page.
"thanks for helping with dinner." I plop down onto a rickety little stool.
"of course. Im glad I could be of use." he tucks a receipt into the page, a makeshift bookmark.
"are you okay?" I wonder aloud and he stands.
"of course." he replies, definitely keeping it short tonight.
"are you sure?" I stand and lean towards him,  chin tilted up toward his lips.
"well one thing would make it better-" he starts and I grasp his face,  and we come together in a heated kiss. His hands wrap around my waist, pulling our bodies closer together.
We separate and Jack gasps for air.
"that definitely made it better." he presses our lips together again, but softer this time, less urgent. As if we have all the time in the world. Dean's voice comes from the dining area,
"Viv? Jack?". I guess we don't.
"coming!" I reply and Jack let's go of me as we casually stroll back into the main hall. Then it dawns on me.
Holy shit,
I just kissed Satan's spawn.