Chapter 33

I've been waiting in the study for half an hour before footsteps distract me from the book i found. Slowly, i spin to find Sam standing in the doorway.
"hey Viv. Foods ready, why don't you come sit." he gestures toward the hall and i step out to see a neatly set dinner table with a spot at one end for Cas, next to him Dean, across from him Sam and then Jack and i parallel to one another at the end of the table. Speaking of Jack, he's already seated. I notice the table is adorned with delicately lit candles, intricate silverware and each plate has a small silver cover overtop of it. Jack pours each persons place a crystalline glass of expensive looking wine before sitting back down with Sam and I and eagerly awaiting Dean and Cas. A couple minutes pass in complete silence before Dean leads a well-dressed Cas into the hall, blindfolded.
"okay you can sit." Dean pushes Cas's shoulders and he obediently sits down, Dean pulling off the blindfold.
"it was so quiet, I didn't realize you were here!" Cas smiles at Sam, Jack and I as Dean takes his seat.
After we all finish eating, Dean goes to get dessert and comes back with a fancy-looking dish. He puts it down gently on the table but doesn't sit.
"cas, i'm gonna have to ask you to stand up." he commands and we all pause, anxious for what we presume will follow.
"Castiel, the angel who rose me from perdition. The man who risked everything to save me and continued to put his life and status on the line, keeping me safe."
Dean circles Cas and pushes in his chair, guiding him a few steps further out from the table.
"Every time I lost you it hurt like hell. I didn't think you would ever come back to me." Cas's brow is furrowed in confusion.
"Since I first laid eyes on you I've been in love and I'm going to regret every day I live without having asked you this."
Dean drops to one knee in front of Cas, pulling a golden ring out from his pocket.
"Castiel will you marry me?"
Cas's lips part in surprise and Dean looked afraid for a moment, as if Cas could just up and reject him.
"i-i" Cas stutters before reaching into his own pocket and revealing what was Jimmy's wallet, a torn beat-up brown leather card holder. Dean stays frozen, as skeptical of his boyfriends moves as we all are. With a flourish, Cas reveals a thick silver ring adorned with a sparkling blue gem in the center.
"i was going to propose Dean." we sit in silence and awe before Sam's voice cuts through the atmosphere.
"would you two idiots just get married already!" he exclaims and Dean's eyes crinkle in joy as Cas nods his head.
"yes, Dean. I will Marry you." Dean stands and Cas and him exchange rings before pulling each other in for a sweet kiss. My hands are moving and before I know it I'm clapping as tears of joy stream down my cheeks.
Jacks arm reaches across my back and pulls me in toward him as he kisses me on the cheek. Dean's eyes are watering as him and Cas sit, hands interwoven.
"I'm so happy" he breathlessly manages to say as Sam proposes a toast.
"okay to Dean and Castiel who after years of silent mutual pining have managed to showcase their ever-bothersome love for one another. cheers!" we all raise our glasses as Dean and Castiel kiss again.

After Dessert, the lovebirds disappear, and so does Sam. I'm washing the dishes when Sam stumbles into the kitchen.
"oh, thanks." he grins as I nod and continue washing.
"you know I did wonder why dean wanted such an elaborate  dinner for just us tonight. I guess it does make sense." Sam's all soft-spoken and smiley, i guess the love fever has gotten to him.
"yeah, I'm really happy for them."
I slide in a comment before jack slips into the kitchen and offers to wash the rest of the dishes while I dry.
"you have no idea how long it was that i waited for this." Sam sips a cup of tea,
"Finally when he's 39 years old my brother admits to his weird ass angel-feelings. Finally" his voice blurs when he yawns.
"sam, why dont you get some sleep. Jack and I can manage the rest of the cleaning." I put down a bowl I was drying and give Sam a pat on the arm before he nods and leaves, bidding us goodnight.
Suddenly Jack yelps in pain as the knife he had been washing falls to the sink bottom with a clatter. A deep cut is sliced through the sponge and into his hand, blood spilling across the dishes. I freeze a moment, expecting his grace to heal his own wound, but 30 seconds passes before it slowly sizzles and starts to close up painfully slowly. Jack hisses in pain so I grab his hand and seal the wound, staring up into his eyes.
"Jack. Why is it so slow?" I stare up into his eyes and he shrugs, muttering
"don't worry bout' it." and pulling me in for a kiss.
We finish cleaning and Jack leaves the kitchen before me, leaving me alone as I trudge tiredly to my own room.
Passing Dean's room in the hall I stop,  hearing a breathy moan.
"Oh, Dean"
Cas's voice is muffled but I awkwardly shoot over to my room anyway, desperate not to hear any more of... That.
As i start to warm up my cold bed after preparing to sleep, a ray of light comes from my door which has been pried a crack open. Jack's figure looms in the doorway.
"Viv? Can i come in."
He softly speaks, closing the door behind him as I beckon him over.
"i was hoping you'd come by." i pull him onto the bed beside me, pressing our lips together before drifting away, conscious of his warm body beside my own.