seventeen ⇄ lgbtq+

▀▄▀▄▀▄ seventeen ▄▀▄▀▄▀  

yoongi realized if he was even going to try and get jimin back, he had to leave his girlfriend. he knew jimin had a problem with cheaters, despite the fact he was getting back with one.

he was almost home, and it was the day he and sojin had agreed on meeting at her place. she said she had something important to tell him.

when he pulled into her driveway, he took in a deep sigh. how are you supposed to tell your girlfriend of two years that you never really loved her and you were dumping her for a man?

how heartbroken would she be? she would probably hate him forever.

maybe she would send a wolf pack on his ass. he knew how passionate she was about the things she loved.

he knocked on her front door, which was much taller than him.

she pulled the door open. she wasn't dressed as nice as yoongi; yoongi assumed it was going to be a nice dinner date in.

he handed her the bouquet of flowers he had picked up. tulips, her favorite.

he took a seat at her dining table where she had made a small dinner, nothing fancy. she was in sweats and a t-shirt, her hair pulled back into a ponytail. she had her bangs pinned back.

"i had the impression this was going to be fancy?" yoong said, crossing his legs.

"i.. no. i just wanted to talk," she gave him a shy smile.

"okay," he said. she was behaving completely out of the ordinary.

"sojin, i have something important to tell you," yoongi said abruptly. he didn't want to wait.

"i do too," she said quietly.

"you go first," she took a seat next to yoongi, but not as close as she used to. she kept to herself.

"i.. i'm gay," he said. her eyes widened. "and.. im sorry, i don't.. i'm not in love with you, sojin. im sorry if you don't accept me, but, i can't help how i feel," yoongi said quietly. he couldn't believe he was admitting it to himself.

"holy shit," sojin breathed, staring down at the floor.

"i know, it's-"

"yoongi, i like girls," she said suddenly. yoongi could only be confused.

"so youre... youre gay too?" he asked, turning to her. she sighed.

"not.. exactly?" she said. she pulled her shirt down a bit.

yoongi thought again, he could have sworn her boobs used to be bigger. or present, for that matter.

"i'm.. transgender," she said nervously. yoongi's eyes widened.

"you're serious?" he asked.

she nodded.

"sojin, dont be so ashamed. im happy for you! you must have been conflicted with yourself your whole life and im glad you've figured yourself out," he smiled at her. sojin smiled back.

"i.. i'm going to officially start transitioning soon," she- he, now, started. "and i don't know if you noticed but i've been wearing binders, and cutting my hair this short and going barefaced and wearing loose stuff. that all helped me," he said. yoongi smiled.

"are you gonna go by a different name?" yoongi asked. sojin shook his head.

"no, it'll be too much change for me. but i am gonna get a haircut and start taking testosterone.after i get top surgery," he said excitedly. yoongi smiled at him. sojin wasnt the woman he was leading on anymore. now sojin was a man, who was his best friend.

well, he always was a man. yoongi supported him no matter what.

"i can't wait to officially start transitioning," sojin said. "im happy you get to," yoongi told him.

"get out of that suit, yoongi. get comfortable," sojin ordered. he grabbed his cup of water and made his way to his couch.

"okay, i'll be back," yoongi quickly made his way to the room they basically shared, changing into a shirt and basketball shorts. then he sat next to sojin on his couch.

"so, min yoongi likes men?" sojin asked.

yoongi looked at sojin. who he really was suited him. yoongi felt some sort of weird happiness that his best friend finally figured out who he was.

"i.. i like one man," yoongi laughed.

"tell me about him!" sojin said excitedly, covering yoongis hand with his own.

"well, his name is jimin. i met him when i hired him about four months ago and i've just fallen for him ever since then," yoongi started, he told sojin everything, from almost having an affair, to jeongguk coming back, to jimin getting back with jimin. he explained every detail about jimin. his appearance and his personality.

"he sounds amazing," sojin said softly, smiling at yoongi.

"he really is. but i don't know if i can compete with jeongguk," he said. sojin frowned at him.

"if jimin isn't a total dumbass he'll realize in no time that this jeongguk kid is no good," he told yoongi, and the older laughed.

"what about you? you interested in anybody?" yoongi asked. sojin smiled.

"yeah, this girl i met at a group for transgender adults. its also kind of like an lgbt support group, not just trans," he explained.

"how's she like?" yoongi asked.

and there they sat, just two best friends talking about the people they're falling for, crosslegged in comfortable clothing on a couch, watching drag queens do their makeup.

  thats kinda gay 

plot twist :)