forty nine ⇄ husband and the baby

▀▄▀▄▀▄ forty nine ▄▀▄▀▄▀

it's time for thanksgiving. this time of year was jimins favorite.

except this time they were going to celebrate first at jimins parents instead of yoongis, and then later they were going to celebrate with friends. their friends were celebrating with their families first and then they were holding their own party (of sorts) late at night. it involved drinks and such.

jimins entire family was there. cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, even second cousins. nephews and nieces

"so, all you need to impress is my grandma from my moms side, because if she likes you everybody does. actually, the grandparents on my dads side don't care about what she thinks but they try to approve of all of my decisions," jimin explained. they were at his parents house, ready to go inside.

"none of them are homophobic?" yoongi asked. jimin shook his head.

"my mom and dad are really set on their beliefs, but they believe a parents job is to make sure their child is happy with themselves. which is why she let me go through weird phases no matter how bad because they made me happy during the moment. honestly my parents just want me to be happy with myself no matter what it is, which is why i love them," jimin shrugged.

"what kind of phases?" yoongi asked. jimin rolled his eyes.

"we don't mention those," he mumbled.

"so everyone is okay with you and i together?" yoongi asks him.

"yeah, they're all fine with it. my grandma is gay," he shrugged.

"you make it seem like your grandma is the supreme lord of your family," yoongi said. jimin laughed.

"well she used to be a model and she was literally best friends with a lot of famous- and dead- celebrities. she's also insanely rich, but also happens to be one of the kindest people i know," jimin said.

"jimin i can't believe you're making me do this. they'll never approve of me," yoongi drug his hands down his face.

"just be on your best behavior," jimin said playfully, and yoongi turned to him slightly. "maybe i'll give you a little treat later."

"you're on," yoongi smirked, and jimin just laughed.

"let's go, my mom is probably dying to feed everyone," jimin said, and then began to get out of the car. "also, you and i are sitting at the main table."

there were multiple tables?

yoongi followed jimin to the front door, where the younger rang the doorbell.

jimins mom opened the door, immediately pulling jimin into the tightest hug yoongi had ever seen.

yoongi had met jimins parents a few times over video call, but never in person. when jimin moved past his mother he hugged his dad. yoongi held out his hand to greet jimins mother formally, but she had on a judgemental glare as she looked at yoongi hand.

"get over here, boy. give me a hug!" she exclaimed, grabbing his hand and pulling him closer. yoongi just laughed as he complied, wrapping his arms gently around the older woman. she hugged him tight, almost to the point where he was out of breath.

she pulled back, smiling at him. then yoongi turned to jimins father, and the two exchanged a more formal, but still friendly greeting.

like a bro hug sort of thing.

then yoongi heard the most frail voice on the planet.

"where's the boy? who is this boy jimin loves so dearly?"