thirty seven ⇄ the devil of duality & the list

▀▄▀▄▀▄ thirty seven ▄▀▄▀▄▀

jimin leaned his head against the other side of yoongis door.

raindrops dripped onto the floor from the tips of his hair. his clothes were plastered to his body.

it had began to pour by the time jimin had gotten outside the building, and he had to wait a solid ten minutes for a taxi to come by and take him back to yoongis house.

he used the key yoongi gave him to get inside.

and then he immediately made his way to yoongi, who had locked himself in his room.

"yoongi?" he whispered. he was shivering. he would change, but all of his clothes were in yoongis room.

"what?" yoongis voice was muffled.

he hated that yoongi was upset with him. he wanted to fix it immediately.

he couldn't bear the fact that yoongi was hurting. that was the last thing he wanted.

"can you please open the door?" jimin asked. his teeth were chattering.

he heard yoongi walk towards the door. but he didn't open it.

"why should i?"

"i don't know," jimin answered truthfully.

"you can sleep on the couch. you have clothes in the wash," yoongi mumbled.

"yoongi," jimin called out. he heard yoongi sigh.

"what, jimin?" he asked, his hand finding the doorknob.

jimin let out a tired sigh.

"i'm sorry," he whispered.

"i know," yoongi answered.

"why are you so upset? i know you're not mad i kissed jeongguk because he's bad for me, because you're just my friend and it shouldn't matter to you. why are you so mad?" jimin asked.

he nearly fell forward onto yoongi when he suddenly pulled the door open.

he looked so angry.

"because, jimin. i love you! i'm fucking in love with you and i have been for the past half year and it sucks because the second you smiled at me you changed my whole world. i don't have a girlfriend anymore, and you screwed up what i had with your stupid pretty face and your stupid hair. and every single time you play these tricks on me by wanting to sleep with me when i just know you don't feel the same but it means not nearly as much to you than it does to me. i'm so fucking in love with you and i can't help but be mad. i'm sorry, but i can't help it. i cant help that you're so perfect. i cant help that i love you," yoongi went on. jimins eyes widened, and he could only stare at yoongi.

he didn't answer for a bit. he set his bag down.

"you don't have anything to say? i spilled all of that and you're just gonna stare at me like my dog just died?" he scoffed.

"i don't know what to say," jimin whispered.

"that's great. i'll need you at your desk at nine-thirty. goodnight," he tried to close the door again, but jimin stopped it with his hand.

"wait," he said. he pushed it open a bit more.

"what, jimin? i know it's sad, but you don't have to make me talk about it-"

"i've been waiting for you to say that for the last six months," jimin said quickly.

yoongi could barely process his words.