4

Dave

"I'm about to head to the shop. You going?" I asked my brother as I approached the front door.

"Nah. I just got a cut. I'm good."

I exited the apartment and pulled my keys out of my pocket. Feels good to be able to drive everywhere now. I hit the unlock button and got in. I pulled out of my parking space and headed up Park Ave.

The light was holding forever. I took this as my chance to roll a blunt since I didn't have one on me. As I was emptying the contents out of my grinder into the backwood, the light changed.

"Shit." I used my knees to steer as I quickly finished up

I drove down 125 St until I reached my destination, Levels barbershop. I parked and hopped out.

"Wasgood." I dapped up Craig, my barber.

"Yo how you been?"

"Good, good." I nodded "How many you got?" I sat down in the only free seat

"About 8." He switched clippers

"Who next?"

"Homeboy in the blue shirt."

I looked down the row. "Yo. How much? I need a cut now."

"Uh, how much what?" He looked confused, I could tell he wasn't from around here.

I laughed and shook my head. "How much for ya spot?" I stood up "One hundred? Two? Three? What's ya price?" I held the blunt between my lips as I pulled money out of my pocket.

"Uh." He paused "Two. Two is fine."

I pulled two crisp bills from my stack and handed them to him. " 'Preciate it." I nodded

Craig was finished with the guy in the chair. I took my hat off and sat down.

"Now you know I don't like smoking in here." He held an ashtray in front of me.

"Man, forreal?"

"Come on." He stood there

I put my blunt out and laid it there. "Don't let me forget that."

"I heard you still running things with Deuce." He put the cape around me

I nodded "Shit going good. I almost make just as much money as he do. Whatever you need, I gotchu."

I've known Craig for years. He's one of the only people that I really talk to about what I do.

"Where ya little girlfriend at?" He tried to hold back his laugh

"Who?"

"You know who I'm talking about. What's her name Reg?" He tapped the barber next to him

"Tanisha?"

"There we go." Craig laughed "Tanisha."

"Man, fuck outta here. That was never no solid shit." I laughed

"You got all the women." Reg commented

"I can't help that." I smirked.

I was finished with my cut within 15 minutes. I hopped out the chair and paid Craig. I grabbed my blunt from the ashtray.

"Yo, let me holla at you real quick." Reg spoke

I followed him to the back of the shop and stood there. "Wassup? What you need?"

"Got any percocets on you?"

"I got three. $50 a pill."

"Let me get all three." He handed me $150.