Epilogue

The following year.....

Kim

I looked in the mirror at myself. I can't believe its been a whole year since everything happened. Jaxon's cries pulled me from my thoughts.

"What's wrong with mama's baby." I cooed as I picked him up.

He stopped crying and just looked at me.

"You look just like your daddy." I softly smiled. "But I need to put you down so I can put my shoes on so we can go."

I laid him back on my bed and quickly put my shoes on. I then got the carseat to put Jaxon in to and headed downstairs. Kairi was already down there watching tv.

"You ready to go?" I walked over to her.

She slid down the couch with her bag of snacks.

"You got your flowers?" I asked

She turned around and grabbed the blue roses off of the table. I locked the front door behind us and strapped the kids in the car.

Pulling out of the driveway, I turned right and headed towards our destination. The radio played softly in the background but the entire ride was  quiet.

15 minutes later I was pulling into the cemetery. Nobody else was out here right now and I was kind of glad about that. I parked and sat there a moment to gather myself before getting out.

"Come on babies." I held Kairi's hand as I pushed Jaxon in the stroller.

I stopped in front of the tombstone and brushed off the debris that was on it.

"You can put your flowers down now."

Kairi walked over and gently sat the flowers down. She leaned in and kissed the picture thats on the tombstone.

I smiled as a tear rolled down my cheek. I picked up Jaxon and sat with him in front of the tombstone. This was my first time bringing him here.

"I know you probably see and watch over us all the time so it's no need for me to even introduce him to you." I chuckled. "This year has been crazy without you here. I know you're probably up in heaven relaxing with no worries." I smiled. "I miss you so much and Dave misses you too, even though he's not saying it." I looked up at him.

"I do not miss that girl." He joked and laughed. "Shea know she was my dog forreal. I know she up there with my bro" He spoke, referring to Dom.

I sat there for a few more minutes before I got up to leave.

"We go?" Kairi asked

"Yea. We leaving now."

I watched as she dug around in her snack bag then placed a pack of fruit snacks in front of the tombstone.

"Later Auntie." Kairi waved and ran off to the car with Dave.

I've been making it a habit to say later or see you later instead of Bye. I'm surprised she remembered.

"I'll see you later girl." I smiled and walked to the car.