35

Kim

I sat on the tub across from Ari. She decided to take a pregnancy test. She said she couldn't wait for her appointment.

"I'm nervous as hell." Ari spoke

"Why?"

"Because," she sighed "What if I am?"

"It's not the end of the world."

She sighed once more. "I guess I'm just scared. That's a whole life that I'm responsible for."

"You'll be fine."

The timer on her phone went off and she looked at me before looking at the test that was sitting on the sink. I could tell she was nervous because her hands were shaking when she picked up the test. Her mouth dropped open and I already knew the answer.

"Biiittchh." She said lowly then turn the test towards me. "I am seeing this correctly?"

"Oouu. Welcome to the club." I rubbed her stomach.

"I can't believe this."

"You'll be ok."

She sighed and sat down.

"You coming to Cardi's for dinner tonight?" I asked

"Yea. Me and Jay coming."

I nodded. "I'll be there and I think Queen is coming with Clarence. I guess I'll be the odd one out tonight."

"Awww pooh. Dave will be back before you know it."

"I hope so." I sighed

I walked into my closet to find something to wear. Dinner was in 3 hours and with the way the traffic was in the city, we needed to get moving.

"What does it feel like?" Ari asked

I looked over and she was watching me rub my stomach.

"At first you can't really tell anything is there. Then you start getting a feeling of being full. That's usually when the little flutters start." I smiled. "Then as you get bigger, it gets heavier, more pressure, and them damn kicks." I shook my head. "But I wouldn't trade it for nothing in this world. I'd do it over and over again."

She nodded. "I will be calling you for everything." She laughed

"Thats fine."

I continued searching my closet but I couldn't find anything comfortable. I walked to my dresser and pulled out a pair of leggings and one of Dave's shirts.

"Perfect."

I turned off the lights and grabbed my keys. "You ready?" I asked Ari.

She nodded and we left out of the house. Once we made it over the bridge, traffic was crazy. My leg shook as I became irritated at the people that didn't have the proper driving skills. We made it to Cardi's new place a little after 8:30.

Queen answered the door and we walked inside. Cardi was in her pajamas and I didn't smell any food.

"You didn't cook?" I sat on the bar stool at the counter

"Well hello to you too." Cardi laughed

"Ha ha." I fake smiled. "Where's the food?"

"Offset is bringing it. I didn't feel like cooking so I ordered Indian and Thai food."

"Thai food would be hittin right now." I slightly groaned

"I know." Cardi nodded. "And it's spicy." She smiled