42

Kim

"Can I take all this off now?" I sighed. I was beyond frustrated from all of this secrecy.

I heard Dave laugh. "Come on. You big baby."

"Haha very funny. How am I supposed to know where to walk if I can't see?"

Moments later I felt him messing with the blindfold. He pulled it off and everything was so bright. Once my eyes adjusted from being shut damn near all day, the view I saw was amazing.

"Welcome to Aruba." Dave smiled.

"It's so beautiful." I looked around the tropical island.

"Well we'll be here for the next 5 days."

"5 days?! Thats too long without my baby."

"She will be ok."

I followed him to the villa we would be staying in. It was right on the water. There was a tray of fresh fruit on the table. I grabbed a piece of pineapple and ate it.

"I made dinner reservations for us for tonight so be ready by 8."

"Aw. That's so sweet." I walked over towards Dave.

"I try." He smiled.

I leaned up and kissed him. He grabbed me by my waist and picked me up.

"I'll try to make this quick." He smirked and dipped down to suck on my neck

8:15 PM

I held Dave's hand as we walked on the sandy beach. The walk way was lined with candles and rose petals. The calming sound of the waves crashing into the shore could be heard in the background.

We reached our dinner table and Dave pulled my chair out for me. A waiter appeared and poured wine into our glasses.

"This is so beautiful." I looked out at the water.

"Not as beautiful as you."

"Why do you spoil me so much?" I stared at him

"Because you don't ask for nothing. It makes me want to give you the world."

I blushed and took a sip of wine.

~~~~

Dinner was great. I really needed this alone time with Dave. We decided to walk along the beach after dinner. The cool water ran over the top of our feet as we walked.

"I could see myself living at a place like this. It's so peaceful."

"It is." Dave agreed

I could really stay out here all night. I love the water.

"Come here, look at what I found." Dave spoke from behind me.

I turned around, automatically looking up because that's what i'm used to since he's tall but he was down on one knee. My hands immediately covered my mouth.

"I could go on and on about all of the reasons why I love you. You have really changed my life and I want you by my side for the rest of my life. No woman can compete with you and I never want to let that go. You bring peace to my soul and that's how I know we we're meant for each other. Will you marry me?"

"Yes." I took a deep breath as tears fell.

He slid the ring on my finger and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I love you so much." He kissed me

The next morning

I sat on the patio and looked out at the clear blue water as I sipped my orange juice. I looked down at the huge ring sitting on my finger and smiled to myself.

"Ya'll get on my nerves." Ari bit her piece of bacon. "Being all in love and shit. Ew."

"Shut up." I laughed.

"Forreal though, what ya'll have is beautiful."

"Aww. Thank you stink." I pouted

"Girl bye." She waved me off.

"When I think about how we met and where we are now, its amazing to me. I never imagined it would come to this."

"You can't plan love. Love finds you."

As I sat there, my mind wondered back to the first time I actually chilled with him. We smoked in his car outside the bowling alley.

~

Lead the way." I stepped aside once we reached the parking lot.

We walked a few cars down and he stopped at a black Mercedes. It was nice.

He unlocked the doors and I got in on the passenger side. He grabbed a bag from the back and got in the car.

"I got blue dream, sour diesel, and purple haze. Whatchu want?" He looked over at me.

"Hmmm." I tapped my chin like I was in deep thought causing both of us to laugh. "Purple."

He nodded and pulled the jar out.

"Let me roll it." I leaned over towards him

He handed everything to me and I got right to it. I could feel him watching me as I emptied the contents from the grinder into the backwood. I rolled it up and sealed it.

"Lighter?" I held my hand out. I dried the blunt and held it up between my fingers.

~

His vibe was so different from any guy I had ever been around it was crazy. The transparency he had when it came to the other women he was talking to made me respect him more. He didn't try to hide it or add me to the list. We formed a bond as friends and it turned into a beautiful relationship. I wouldn't trade it for nothing.

"What ya'll got going on?" I heard Dave's voice from behind me.

"Nothing." I looked up and smiled at him

"I'm about to go fishing with the boys." He leaned down and kissed me. "Don't drink all that orange juice, you know it gives you heartburn."

"Yes father." I laughed.

"It's daddy." He kissed me again. "You know this, you said it all last night."

"Get out!" I laughed