9

Dave

"Ma! Where you at?!" I walked into the apartment.

"Boy, why are you yelling?" She walked from the kitchen.

"I need you to stop whatever you doing and pack up everything."

"Oh lord." She leaned against the counter. "What have you done? I'm too old to be on the run from the police."

"Ma." I laughed. "I haven't done anything. I just need you to pack up everything so it can get loaded into this u-haul."

"For what, David?"

"Ma, just do it please."

She hesitantly placed her kitchen towel onto the counter and walked into her bedroom.

"Come on in ya'll." I spoke to Bully and Dom. I began to assemble the boxes and fill them with items in the living room. We moved the big items first and then started to stack the boxes in.

"Yooo. What's going on?" My brother pulled his earphones out as he walked into the apartment and he looked around. "Don't tell me we got evicted."

"I need you to pack ya shit."

"What did you do?" He narrowed his eyes as he looked at me

"Why ya think I did something? Just pack."

"If it's anything that ya don't need or don't want, leave it here!" I yelled

After 2 hours of throwing stuff into boxes, everything was in the u-haul and ready to go.

I helped my mother into the passenger seat of my range rover. My brother climbed into the back and I got into the drivers seat.

"Can you tell us where we going?" My brother asked

"You'll see."

We rode in silence for about 35 minutes before my brother started asking questions again.

"Bro, where are we going?" Clarence looked out the window

"Can you sit back and ride? We almost there."

"Nah cause I think you did some shit and just not telling us."

"Watch your mouth Clarence." My mother warned

"Sorry ma."

"Well 1, I told you I didn't do anything and 2, we're here." I put the car in park and hopped out

"What's this?" My mother looked up at the apartment building as she got out."

"Your new place." I smiled. "I got you and C a condo."

"Yo! You deadass?!" Clarence ran over to me

"Yea." I nodded

"It's lit! A new car and now a new crib? Otay!" He ran to the entrance of the building.

"David." My mother gently pulled my arm. "How are you paying for this? When I found out you were selling drugs, I didn't agree with it but I know all of this cost way more than what you get standing on a block." She looked up at me

"Don't worry about it ma. We good. I promise." I leaned down and kissed the top of her head. "Let's go inside and see your new place."

We walked inside and went to the elevator. I pressed '14' and waited as we went up.

"Which one?" My brother excitedly asked

"1405"

"Bet." He nodded