41

Dave

I walked in the house and took my shoes off at the door. I could hear Kim's voice coming from the living room.

"Do you want some?" She spoke

My eyebrows furrowed because I was wondering who she was talking to. I made it to the living room and realized she was talking to Kai.

"Girl, do you want it or not?" She laughed "No ma'am I'ma hold it."

Kairi put her hand down and frowned

"That little mug don't scare me. Now do you want some or not?" Kim held the popsicle up.

Kairi sat there for a moment then leaned forward to lick the popsicle

"Ya'll crazy." I laughed and shook my head

"How?" Kim looked over at me. "She's so bossy like her daddy." She stuck her tongue out.

"You right. We run shit around here." I nodded

I remembered that I left my bag in the car and I stepped outside to get it.

Kim

"Baby? Can you count this for me?" Dave came over and sat a duffle bag in front of me.

"Bring me the counter." I sat up and cleared a space on the table.

He walked over with the machine and plugged it in for me. I grabbed a handful of money and began separating them by denominations then I ran them through the machine to count it.

"Bring me the wraps!" I yelled

He brought me the bag of wraps and went back to wherever he was. I grabbed a purple wrap out the bag since it was for $2000 and wrapped it around the twenties that had been counted by the machine.

I repeated this process until I was completely done

I repeated this process until I was completely done. It took about two hours to finish. I sat the money aside and went to wash my hands. You never really realize how dirty money actually is until you're constantly counting it.