Father's Day

Father's Day already happened but I don't care.

Peter never really liked Mother or Father's Day, it reminded him of his parents. Even though he had Aunt May and Uncle Ben, he was always jealous of the kids having fun with their parents.

After Uncle Ben died, Peter started to hate Father's Day with a burning passion. Every Father's Day, he woke up dealing angry and sad. May knew that any little thing would set him off, and left him alone. Ned also kept his distance, knowing that Peter didn't want to talk to anyone.

But this year, Peter had a father figure. Tony Stark. The two had grown close and acted as father and son.

Peter made Tony a card and got him a gift and wrapped it up. Happy dropped him off at the Compound. Peter was nervous, he was thinking of just running away.

No. He had to do this.

-&-

Tony always hated Father's Day. It just reminded him that he would never have a good father. It reminded him that other people had perfect families, but he didn't. It reminded him how he was never good enough for his father. It reminded him of his mother and father's murder. So every Mother and Father's Day, Tony would lock himself in the lab and distract himself.

"Peter Parker is requesting to see you." FRIDAY informed.

"Tell him I'm in the lab." Tony said.

A few seconds later, Peter entered the lab. He looked nervous. He held a small box in his arms.

"Hey, Underoos. Whatcha doing here?" Tony asked.

"I-I I'm I... I came to give you a Father's Day gift." Peter replied. He gave Tony the box. It had Iron Man wrapping paper. He tore the paper off and saw a card and a small mug. The mug said 'World's Best Dad', but the Dad was scratched out with a red marker and replaced with a sloppily written 'mentor'. Tony smiled and opened up the card. It had a picture of him and Peter inside.

 It had a picture of him and Peter inside

I hope you don't find this weird. I have hated Father's Day with a passion ever since Uncle Ben died. I would be cooped up in my room and not talk to anyone. But now I have a father figure, you.
Thank you.
-Peter

Tony's eyes welled up with tears. He gave Peter a big hug

From that day on, the two loved Father's Day.